Posted on :
13 May, 2013
13 May, 2013
• To efficiently and effectively administer the Marketing Department and to provide an excellent internal and external communication service to The Boardwalk staff, managers and customers.
• Grade 12
• Marketing Degree/Diploma or Secretarial Diploma an advantage
• Experience in gaming or hospitality environment would be an advantage
• At least 1 year secretarial or administrative experience
• Computer literate with MS advanced skills
Skills and Knowledge
• Organisational skills
• Good Management Skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good Communication skills
• Supports The Boardwalk core values by being:
– Passionate and Energetic
– Open and Honest
Key Performance Areas:
• Department is managed as per best practice and company policy (includes filing system, mail, telephone, etc).
• All queries resolved or escalated and followed up within agreed deadlines.
• Time, shifts, leave (sick & absenteeism), loaded daily onto system – accurately as per allocation sheets and standard operating procedures.
• Training scheduling loaded onto system as per standard operating procedures.
• All relevant statutory documents distributed and signed by staff as per legislative and company requirements.
• All relevant documentation attached e.g. expense slips etc. and signed off as per standard operating procedures.
• Payments processed within Finance department’s monthly deadlines.
• Orders processed as per standard operating procedures.
• All relevant documents and attached documents can be sourced effortlessly electronically and /or manually.
• Confidential documents stored for safe keeping as per company policies and procedures.
• Report / Document/ Presentation deadlines are met.
• Data integrity: data presented is accurate (figures, graphs, etc) according to objectives.
• Meeting/ event invitations sent out as required.
• Diary accurate and up to date according to Manager’s requirements, meeting requests, pre-scheduled events, leave, training, conferences etc.
• Diary is organised on a daily basis.
• Events/items are scheduled to incorporate travel time, preparation, administration time.
• Diary reorganised in response to special and/or urgent requests from Executive/Senior Management or unscheduled absenteeism or delays.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as units’ employment equity plans and Gaming Board License conditions.
Applications accepted until: 15th of May, 2013
Advert Code: SUN18805
Unit: Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment World
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply Now” link below to apply online