The position below has become available and you are invited to apply for it should you be interested.
Job Title: Working Foreman
Location: Vryheid, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference # Mascor: Working Foreman – John Deere (Vryheid)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
- To ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the department by establishing and agreeing with dealership management, and meeting objectives that cover the service department’s operating policies and standards to achieve both high levels of customer satisfaction and retention, and profitability
- To control resources at a level commensurate with profit requirements and enhanced customer relations
- To maximize departmental profitability through the sale of labour and associated products to franchise and non-franchise customers
- Co ordinate and directs the workload of the Service Department for maximum efficiency and productivity while providing quality repair work.
- Responsible for workshop staff
- To maintain effective control of expenses in line with budget objectives by monthly examination of management accounts to ensure total expenditure for the service department.
- Establish and monitor all training requirements and costs to provide satisfactory levels of skill, job and cost effective development of key personnel
- Ensure all clerical functions within the service department are carried out in accordance with policies (warranty claims, customer follow-up, workshop loading, estimating, invoicing , daily operating controls)
- Check all workshop equipment for condition and accuracy of diagnosis
- Technical qualification (Served apprenticed and is a Qualified technician)
- Technical skills, knowledge and experience
- Ability to control clerical work, administration, organisation, systems and financial matters, leadership ability
- Skills, experience and knowledge of modern business methods and financial control
- Totally service minded and service orientated
- Friendly with pleasant appearance
- Empathy and highly positive attitude
- To be computer literate
- Availability to work after hours, weekends and public holidays should this be necessary.
Application Deadline: 14/08/2020