Masicorp works with the people of Masiphumelele, as well as key partners, offering opportunities through education helping individuals to uplift themselves out of poverty and work towards a sustainable livelihood. Focusing on the township of Masiphumelele, Masicorp runs various education and skills development programmes for this community as a route out of poverty.
Our focus is on ECD initiatives Learning Labs(English, Math & Science) at Primary School Level, High School Maths & Science and various skills development programmes.
Job Title: Programme Director / Education as a Consultant
Location: Masiphemelele, Cape Town
Duration period of 1 (one) year : Introductory period in the month of January 2020 (1 day per week) and as from February 2020 to June 2020 (2 days per week) as from July 2020 to December 2020 (1 day per week).
As a pioneering leader with at least five years’ experience in leading teams and projects, you will need to work closely with numerous participants, with an emphasis on delivering high quality results in our Programmes that focus on English, Math & Science teaching and learning.
- Develop and maintain an effective, productive, working relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Serve as a leader of the Operations Team.
- Support our professional team of teachers, volunteers and partners in delivering our programmes.
- Help direct and shape the curriculum, teaching processes and educational materials.
- Develop and nurture relationships with the school management teams, educational departments and other organizations when necessary.
- Identify trends and needs in education and design programmatic responses.
- Keep up-to-date with news and changes in the education sector, especially those made by the Department of Education at provincial and national level.
- To work closely with the Fundraising team seeking opportunities for further fundraising and providing monitoring and evaluation feedback to the Team.
- To provide financial oversight to the educational projects and assist with the setting of annual budgets.
- A Recognised tertiary teaching qualification from an accredited institution.
- 5 to 7 years classroom teaching experience within a Primary School
- A Minimum of 5 years in school management within a Primary School or an Educational Programme for another NGO.
- Successful team leadership and strong track record of results.
- Essential experience:
- Developing and implementing strategies to drive results and improve performance outcomes.
- Management of multi-faceted projects, under high pressure;
- Creating and communicating organisational or programme vision, mission, strategy and plan.
- Developing positive staff culture.
- Monitoring the implementation and impact to drive decision making.
- Knowledge of key education matters, education policy, CAPS within the public primary schools environment and how they operate within the WCED would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Ability to support plans to advance implementation and achievement of outcomes.
- Ability to recognise and define team competencies, roles and responsibilities, and to manage these successfully.
- Proven skills in the writing of reports.
- Proven skills in communication and maintaining of professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage a number of tasks and activities.
- Advanced computer skills especially on Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
Your application should comprise:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
- A comprehensive CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held and relevant achievements.
Applications should be sent to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Saturday, 30 November, 2019