Posted on :
31 Mar, 2017
31 Mar, 2017
As part of a commitment to promote capacity-building at high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union.
MAURITIUS: MAURITIUS- AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2017
Up to five Bachelor’s scholarships may be awarded to South Africans.
Who can apply?
– South African citizens in good health and with a strong academic record.
– Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application
– Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus undergraduate studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2017
– Candidates with an interest in studying in Mauritius and demonstrate commitment to the development of South Africa.
– Candidates must be available to study in Mauritius from August 2017.
– All applicants must have applied for admission at an eligible Mauritian university
– All applicants must meet the minimum academic requirement for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
Fields of study for South African applicants
Bachelor’s: All available fields of study at the participating Mauritius Public Tertiary Education Institutions, except for Medicine.
What the scholarship offers
– Tuition fees and course-related costs of up to MUR100 000
– Monthly living allowance to the value of MUR8 300
Successful applicants must be prepared to cover initial settlement costs and supplement their monthly living allowance.
In addition, a one-way air ticket to Mauritius must be booked and paid for by successful applicants, who can then apply for a refund upon arrival in Mauritius.
HOW TO APPLY
The application process is two-fold:
Complete the DHET application form and email it with all supporting documents to [email protected] by 01 May 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete the Mauritius-Africa Scholarship application form which will be sent to them, and submit a completed medical examination form (medical tests to be done at applicants own cost).
Only candidates who are notified that they are shortlisted need to submit this form.
DEADLINE: 15 MAY 2017
Applications may be submitted by email and must reach the DHET by the deadline of 15 May 2017.