The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Work with a team of engineers on multi-disciplinary engineering projects;
- Complete designs (mainly refrigeration), prepare tender documentation, and conduct site/quality supervision, basic project management and cost control on projects;
- Co-ordination of engineering services;
- Key client interface;
- Design and model using Revit or similar design / modelling packages;
- Manipulate/translate various digital file formats in order to create useable Revit models;
- Work closely with Internal Project Manager(s) and Lead Revit specialist(s) to review and meet project goals;
- Assist in Revit, Plant 3D and other model development ;
- Acquire models and information from suppliers and ensure the 3D components comply with the technical engineering specifications;
- Actively keep abreast of current trends in modelling developments;
- Perform occasional site visits and investigations;
- Comply with WSP’s project delivery processes.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be studying towards a National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering requiring in service training;
- Drawing as well as Revit exposure preferable.
GENERIC SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be self-motivated;
- Willingness to learn;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent communicator and good discussion and problem resolution skills;
- Be a team player and be able to work in a team with other employees;
- Be able to work independently when required.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Apply for the WSP Africa Mechanical Engineering In-Service Training Programme 2015