MSF is an international non-governmental organization providing medical services and support in many countries throughout the world. Doctors without Borders has initiated a project focussing on medical and psychological care for victims of sexual and gender based violence (SGBV) in close collaboration with Department of Health and other organisations and stakeholders. The objective of the project is: Firstly, survivors of sexual and domestic violence in the platinum belt of Bojanala district access quality medical care, psychosocial support and are referred to appropriate social and legal services according to their needs and their wishes. Secondly, Family Planning and Choice Termination of Pregnancy services are provided to all women who request the service
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk (Accountant)
Job Location: Rustenburg, North West
Duration: 1 year fixed term contract, with possibility of renewal
Start date: 1 July 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
Reports to: Project Fin/HR Manager
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Accountant will be closely collaborating with the Project Fin/HR Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the proper financial management of the project in terms of accounting, cash management and budget management. Assist in controlling the daily cash/check management, overseeing and preparing the projects books in accordance with the Project Fin/HR Manager’s instructions. Ensure adherence to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide accurate, reliable and updated financial information to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labour and fiscal regulations.
- Controlling the daily cash management and ensuring that all receipts and documentation meet MSF requirements (procedures, deadlines, information, signatures …). Tracking bills/vouchers, invoices and other running costs and analyzing the related information (costs, service contracts …) in order to give reliable and updated information.
- Controlling cash advances and cashbook movements for each petty cash box, recording all IN and Out transactions, ensuring that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and investigating any discrepancy. Ensuring strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory and reconciliations)
- Assume responsibility for a number of accounting books (cash, bank, payroll, etc.).
- To ensure the timeliness and quality of both : paper accounting (vouchers) and electronic accounting (data-entry in the accounting software – UNIFIELD) according to MSF standards
- To carry responsibility for implementation of all internal controls as per MSF guidelines and specific instructions received from his line manager: daily encoding in UNIFIELD, daily cash counts, weekly cash inventories and reconciliation with UNIFIELD, end-of-month cash inventories
- Ensure all validation & control of receipts, and payments to suppliers, comply very strictly with MSF financial guidelines, and the purchasing/validation/payment procedures for the mission
- Supporting the Project Fin/HR Manager with delegated tasks to ensure proper management in the project and assisting in meetings upon request
- Keeping updated on local laws and regulations and informing the HR/Finance Manager of any changes or misalignment with the practices in place. Ensuring respect and strict compliance to MSF standards (chart of accounts, quality of documents, guidelines, expense validation procedures, cash security rules, etc.)
- Carrying out delegated accounting tasks and activities for the capital, ensuring confidentiality on all finance issues related to MSF as well as the strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Processing payments, ensuring that receipts and supporting documents meet the necessary quality standards.
- Filing and/or scanning hard copies of documents, entering information in the accounting software and performing monthly closing procedures for the journals under his/her responsibility
- When requested, replacing other members of the Project Fin/HR team during their absence
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- National Diploma or Degree in Finance, Accounting Business Administration / or related field (Preferred).
- At least 2 years of experience as Accountants Payable and Bookkeeping experience on an ERP software (Prerequisite)
- Good understanding of MS Office Suite (Word & Excel)
- Ability to understand, interpret and strictly comply with and implement policies and procedures
- Fluency in English
- South Citizen or holder of a valid South African work permit
TO APPLY: please email a one-page application letter, your comprehensive CV with details of 3 contactable referees, mentioning vacancy number by: ACCOUNTANT POSITION to email@example.com.
Closing date: Sunday, 24st June 2018. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Only short-listed applications will be contacted.