The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree) with no relevant work experience the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Research, source and write articles about the University for the various communication platforms of the UFS as well as the media.
- Take photos of events and/or individuals for the purposes of publication.
- Provide content for social media during events/articles (Tweets).
- Attend and participate in News Desk- and staff meetings.
- Assist with on- and off- campus events and campaigns (on all three UFS campuses and other UFS sites), with the aim of developing stories for various channels and to promote the initiative at hand e.g. safety of students with the B Safe campaign.
- Assist with face-to-face communication initiatives and campaigns.
- Assist with public events e.g. Graduations and Open-days.
- Assist with logistics during publication and video production processes.
- Assist with measurement of communication initiatives e.g. running poles, distribution of questionnaires, and focus groups.
- Attend self-development initiatives when the opportunity arises.
- Perform general office administrative duties as delegated, including report writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Media and/or Communication.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinking skills in a news-sourcing environment.
- Basic writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Time management skills.
- Basic camera use- and editing skills (still and video cameras).
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Closing date: 21 June 2017.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
General:The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act.