DITSELA is the Development Institute for Training, Support and Education for Labour. It was established in 1996 by the main trade union federations in South Africa, to help build a strong trade union movement.
DITSELA is a section 21, not for profit organisation, core funded by the Department of Labour through its Strengthening the Civil Society Fund. It also receives limited programme specific funding from the ETDP Seta and other funders.
DITSELA has full time staff members of 17, of which fifteen are in the National office in Johannesburg and two based in the Western Cape office, in Bellville.
The Institute seeks to urgently fill the post of the Media & Communications Intern is based at its Head Office in the Johannesburg CBD.
- Participate in developing and evaluating quality Ditsela publication materials
- Assist in coordinating communication activities and events of the organisation
- Assist in conductingevents, information dissemination workshops, for Ditsela constituencies
- Take lead in dissemination of communication materials to Ditsela stakeholders
- Maintain documentation management system (hard copy and digital)
- Support the maintenance of content to the Ditsela website
- Co-ordinate content generation for the website with the programmes teams e.g. news stories, case studies
- Coordinate Ditsela internal and external Communications
- Produce andmanage the development of all Ditsela marketing and promotional materials working closely with Resource and Information Centre
Requirements and Competencies
- Honours degree or a postgraduate in Communications, Public Relation or related field.
- Ability to work in a team and to sometimes tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Practical skills on Website designing and loading of content
- Very good command of English
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and through written, oral, and visual media.
- Ability to communicate with people in and outside the organisation, representing the organisation to constituencies, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Ability to work with diversity
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Applicants must submit their CV & Cover Letter to: [email protected].
Closing Date: 24 March 2017