Posted on :
8 Feb, 2011
8 Feb, 2011
FINMEDIA24 is seeking an experienced User Interface Designer at their Cape Town branch for their financial and investment focused corporate and consumer product offerings. This position will report to the CIO and business heads and will facilitate interfaces that organise information for users of various online applications and web products.
You will workclosely with a talented team of developers, testers, designers, business analysts, product managers and technical writers using Agile/scrum methodologies. The ideal candidate comes to us with the ability to ensure that the “look and feel” and functionality of applications and online products will meet the end-user’s needs and conform the FinMedia24 branding and style. Collaboration with business analysts, designers, data analysts, system developers, product mangers and stakeholders will be key to this position and thus strong team working capabilities is a key ingredient. Any experience or background in financial and/or investment related fields would be a big bonus.
As technology is the key to our success, we build most of the necessary applications in-house with highly motivated teams. Using Agile development methods, we are able to adapt to emerging needs of business quickly and deliver applications that provide the necessary features in the fastest way possible.
The user interface designer will design all aspects of the UI from the ground-up, in-line with the functionality and brand. Working closely with business owners, marketing and developers to challenge the effectiveness of the UI, and dynamically integrate feedback, you responsibilities will include:
• Designing, prototyping, and usability testing Web user interface applications across multiple platforms User analysis
• Workflow integration through collaborating with project teams throughout the product development process, implementing and integrating user centered design methodologies.
• Style appeal and gathering and analyzing customer data and user requirements, understanding and interpreting user needs and goals into design solutions
• Designing and developing usability test plans, conducting usability tests, and providing recommendations based on test results
• Responsible for final GUI designs
• Software application interface design
• Website interface and user-centred design
• Graphic design knowledge would be beneficial, as the candidate will work closely with web designers
• Must understand how to balance technical functionality and visual elements
• Ability to elicit functional requirements
• Should have an understanding of Information Architecture
• Should have an understanding of Prototyping
• Usability testing experience
You will need to possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to workface-to-face with stakeholders. Therefore excellent presentation and communication skills are essential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company where your success will be rewarded in terms of progression and remuneration