National Renal Care has grown and evolved into the leading total kidney and disease management organisation in South Africa. NRC cares, not only for its patients but also for society and earth. National Renal Care situated in Tokai seeks to recruit an ambitious, talented, goal driven and self-motivated individual to fulfill the role of a Registered Nurse.
The Registered Nurse will render and promote cost effective, safe, quality patient care in accordance with Company Standard Operating Procedures and Policies. The incumbent will further be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or a group of patients, for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patient needs, be a role model in the delivery of evidence based care and will actively participate in Clinical Governance.
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Tokai, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference: # MRCTOKAI
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
- To perform dialysis according to prescription in a safe manner and in accordance to NRC’s internal policies and procedures.
- To provide optimal patient care as per the nursing scope of practice and NRC’s clinical care pathways.
- Manage and maintain all medical equipment in accordance with NRC’s technical policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all NRC quality initiative programs are utilised for the patients under your management.
- Ensure that all patient clinical records are maintained and updated in accordance with the deadlines, policies & procedures and the NRC standards.
- Ensure that all financial policies and procedures are followed in the unit i.e. confirmation, billing, private patients, stock, waste etc.
- Responsible for leading the shift and for the supervision of all subcategories on the floor on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate the National Renal Care Values and Caring the NRC Way.
- Relevant qualification within a specialist area or equivalent NQF 7.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse/ Midwife.
- Experience in Renal Nursing will be a strong recommendation
Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality of work)
- Strong customer orientation
- Team Player
- Ethical behaviour (Honesty)
- Leadership ability
- Well organised
Application Deadline: 27/04/2020