Mercedes Benz South Africa offers trade-related training for top achievers who show a strong interest in their field of study and who want to be trained in a world-class organization. This training will be offered at the MBSA East London Learning Academy.
Positions, subject to conditions being met, may be made available for persons wanting to pursue the following apprenticeship fields:
- Apprenticeship: Millwright
- Apprenticeship: Electrician (Industrial Electrician)
- Apprenticeship: Automotive (Motor Vehicle) Electrician
Applications are invited from individuals interested in studying any one of the above technical fields through an apprenticeship.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements by the time the apprenticeship starts:
- A full seven subject Grade 12/Matric/NCV 4 qualification
- With good results in Mathematics and Physical Sciences, inclusive of applicable related subjects such as:
- Electrical Technology
- Mechanical Technology
- Automotive Repair and Maintenance
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- etc, OR
- A minimum of a full four subject N3 Technical Certificate
- with supporting language subjects at Grade 12/Matric level OR
- NCV level 4 in a related engineering field of study
Students in their final year of study in the qualifications mentioned above may apply.
Additionally, students must:
- be a South African citizen
- ensure compliance with company values and policies
Note that meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee further selection or screening for any apprenticeship positions that may be offered by MBSA.
All applications are invited, however, the following will apply: Code of good practice on the employment of people with disabilities. People with disabilities may apply, as long as the requirements indicated above can be met.
How To Apply
Please read the following instructions carefully:
- Email your application to [email protected] – applications by other means will NOT be considered
- It is strongly recommended you send your attachments as PDF documents. Word documents may also be used but PDF is preferred. No zipped, exe, or similar files are allowed as attachments and other file formats will be blocked. Applications with missing or blocked attachments will not be considered.
- Please send only ONE email will all your attachments on it. Multiple emails from the same applicant will not be considered. If the attachment(s) size is too big, please reduce them before sending to enable all your documents to be submitted in one email.
- It is strongly recommended that attachments be sent together as one PDF file to simplify processing of your application.
- The total size of ALL submitted documents per application may not exceed 6MB/six megabytes.
- Ensure that your typed submitted documents such as your covering letter, CV, contact details, etc are typed in a minimum font size of 14 to ensure legibility of documents.
- The first page of the application must include a covering letter which must quote the reference number TECH 2019 and clearly show your preferred field of training: either Millwright, Electrician or Automotive Electrician. You are only allowed to apply for one trade/apprenticeship.
- Clearly state in the covering letter why you are interested in the apprenticeship you have indicated.
- All applicants who are currently writing Grade 12 must submit certified copies of their 1st term 2018 Grade 12 results as well as certified copies of their final Grade 11 results.
- All applicants who have completed Grade 12, NCV 4 or any other related higher qualification must submit their certificate/statement of results together with any other applicable qualification and ID documents.
- Certified copies of all qualifications mentioned on the submitted CV must be included – not just the applicant’s highest qualification.
- All applicants who are currently studying NCV level 4 must submit copies of their NCV level 2 and 3 results, as well as their final year high school certificate/results irrespective of the level achieved at high school.
- Candidates may only apply for one apprenticeship field and must not submit more than one application.
- The applicant’s CV, ID and all other applicable certificates/examination results must be included.
- Please ensure that certification stamps do not obscure important details on submitted documents.
- Ensure that clear certification stamps with signatures are visible on all documents such as ID, all submitted certificates, etc.
Please note that if you have not been contacted by the end of July 2018 for further screening you should consider your application unsuccessful.