Posted on :
7 Feb, 2014
7 Feb, 2014
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Implement and maintain a network to the relevant counterparts witin the organisation to obtain information around part quality issues and approval status (e.g. Q Bremen, Sifi etc, MBC/Q, EP etc)
• Retain TUEV / ISO certification and ensure audit compliance of all QM/R operations
• Ensure operational tasks such as operations and VPC support for supplier related defects through coordinating problem solving teams, defect analysis, establishment of containment and long term countermeasure action and timeous comprehensive documentation of problem solving steps in the relevant systems (e.g. MAMS, CAR’s, etc.) as well as implementation of task force activities at suppliers with intensive problems, support and conduct supplier related quality reporting through provision of relevant information for daily, weekly and monthly quality reporting and ensure the achievement of the plant 0KM Q-ppm value.
• Contribute to the departmental budget achievements
• Manage the stock in plant for W204 run-out
• Intensify and maintain global presence , network with Q-Organisation , close contact with QMI
• Integrate compliance into the relevant business operations to ensure an effective execution of the compliance program
• Escalation to SQE for implementation of task force at suppliers with intensive problems, support and conduct supplier related quality reporting through provision of relevant information for daily, weekly and monthly quality reporting and ensure the achievement of the plant OKM Q-ppm value of 60
• Applies supplier quality management principles in order to improve operating performance and to support MBSA operations with solutions for part related issues. To ensure through preventative quality assurance within the industrialisation phase of the pr in compliance to the Company’s Integrity & Anti Bribery Codes, Conflict of Interest Policy & S.H.E. requirements and to perform delegated S.H.E. tasks and duties & to inform superior about deviations.
• Good communication skills
• Computer Literacy
• Willingness to work a 3 shift model
• Detailed technical parts knowledge
• Ability to perform the minimum required physical and mental requirements of the function.
• Leadership behaviours as per LEAD
• 3 yrs exp in specialised field or
• At least 6 months participation in our Graduate Development Programme.
• NQF 6 (new) – NTD in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or relevant equivalent
|Job Title||Engineering Technologist Parts Qual Qmr|
|Company||Mercedes-Benz South Africa Manufacturing|
|Compensation Amount||Market Related|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Location – Town / City||East London|
|Location – Province||Eastern Cape|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
Closing date: 12th Feb, 2014