Posted on :
7 Feb, 2014
7 Feb, 2014
Key Duties & Responsibilities
To design, develop, customise, facilitate, assess and provide feedback on technical training nationally for all Technical Staff within the Mercedes-Benz Dealer Network in compliance to the Company’s Integrity & Anti-Bribery Codes, Conflict of Interest Policy & S.H.E. requirements and to perform delegated S.H.E. tasks and duties & to inform superior about deviations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Training Preparation: Prepare training by identifying the scope of Technical Training for the external stakeholders as defined by Mercedes-Benz Group of Companies. Customise to South African context in terms of SA legislation and business specifications and requirements. Design, customise or develop training material accordingly – where required. Ensure that each course has a developed pre-, post and workplace assessment (Performance Criterion Checklist). Obtain sign-off by Dealer Academy Team Leader. Prepare training Masterfile for print. Develop training calendar to meet MBSA requirements.
• Training Facilitation: Apply the C-Trainer methodology and facilitate Mercedes-Benz Technical training courses effectively by: (1) ensuring that the necessary logistics including training material has been finalised. This includes but is not limited to aggregates, vehicles, special tools, venues, training manuals, equipment and travel arrangements. (2) Outcomes Based methodology is applied – 30% theory and 70% application where applicable. (3) Delegates are assessed prior to training and after training, and a POE/Performance Criterion Checklist is issued as a part of the summative assessment per path.
• Facilitate Practical Assessments at Assessment Centres: Conduct learner assessments practically and theoretically pre, during and after intervention as well as during assessment centres as required by the learning interventions. Ensure that assessments are marked, provide feedback to learners and advise on remedial action and further development. Where concerns and risks are identified, provide feedback to dealer management.
• Training Management: Complete summary of statement of results and submit the latest. Write trainer report for final assessment and submit it.
• Training Performance Consultation: Develop Quick Reference Guides per training process – aligned to Training Outcomes addressed in class and obtain sign-off from the Dealer Academy Team Leader. Conduct IDAPT at minimum 3 dealers per quarter in conjunction with your Team Leader. Write feedback report and submit this.
• Compliance: Comply with all MBSA Compliance policies, rules and regulations. Ensure that MBSA is not placed in disrepute by behaviour prior to, during, and after training sessions. Finalise all training claims by adhering to MBSA compliance.
Mercedes-Benz Technical Knowledge
Mercedes-Benz Product Knowledge
EDTP knowledge (incl skills development legislation)
3 – 5 years technical automotive experience
Qualified Systems Technician
Diagnostic Technician will be an added advantage
Tertiary qualification in HR will be an added advantage
Training Certificate or Diploma in ETD after 1994 will be an advantage
|Job Title||Technical Trainer (Passenger Vehicles)|
|Company||Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA)|
|Compensation Amount||Market Related|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Location – Town / City||Centurion|
|Location – Province||Gauteng|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
Closing: 9th Feb, 2014