MES is a Christian integrated social development organisation that has been changing the heart of the city since 1986 and has been actively working towards providing sustainable solutions to pervasive poverty in the inner cities of Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Kempton Park in South Africa.
Job Title: Social Worker
Location: Soweto, Johannesburg
The purpose of this position Intake and risk assessment. Render social work services ITO the children’s Act 2005 No 38 as amended. Opening and finalisation of Children’s Court Hearings, foster care supervision services and reunification services. Study, interpret, apply and give information on child protection legislation as required
- Early intervention and prevention: Risk Assessment on all referred cases, planning and safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable children, removal of children at risk and placing them at alternative and most suitable environments.
- Finalization of Children’s Court Hearings: Investigating and making recommendations to court on whether the child should be accommodated away from home, in foster care, or in child and youth care centres.
- Intake: Assessing all new cases and enquiries and recommending further intervention or referring the clients to relevant service providers.
- Providing counselling for immediate case resolution.
- Family reunification services through counselling, mediation, and assessments of the families systems’ ability to cater for the needs of child in the system.
- Assessing and training of prospective foster parents
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree
- Proof of Registration with the SACSSP
- At least 2 years statutory social work experience
- Experience working with children in need of care protection
- Good report writing skills
- Strong assessment and analytic skills
- Ability to communicate well in English
- Computer literate
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to drive
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
CV’s may be forwarded to: [email protected]
For any quiries you may call: 011 725 6531
Application Deadline: Friday, 13 November, 2020