Posted on :
6 May, 2010
6 May, 2010
Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT, HKEX: 4338) is a multinational computer technology corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of software products for computing devices, Microsoft South Africa recruits PFE OPERATIONS (Operations Consultant)
PFE OPERATIONS (Operations Consultant)
Purpose of Workgroup (PFE) Through trusted advisor relationships and through the optimization and successful implementation of technology, Premier Field Engineering helps to accelerate customer adoption and productive use of Microsoft products. Premier Field Engineers provide reactive and proactive support to Enterprise Customers for the most technically complex or politically sensitive support situations in Microsoft.
– The Operations role is primarily focused on the delivery of high quality IT Service and Release Management services to our Premier Enterprise Customers or Partners.
– The focus of this role is to provide Microsoft Operations Framework and related Microsoft infrastructure service offerings.
– This role contributes fundamentally to the successful deployment and use of Microsoft products and frameworks and consequently has a material impact on customer satisfaction and loyalty.
– In addition, the role is responsible for effective knowledge transfer to Partner and customer resources.
– The role may be called upon to lead a small team of process resources working on a project.
High Level Candidate Requirements
– The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree or equivalent with significant experience (minimum 5 years) in complex enterprise infrastructure projects with a focus on Process related roles and Service Delivery Management roles.
– Candidates will require a good understanding of operational support services, mapping business requirements to manageability and operability architecture and design and concepts coupled with a good understanding of project management concepts and practices.
– Candidates will be required to have demonstrable competence in both verbal and written technical and business communications.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibility/Activity Estimated Annual % of Time
Operations Consulting including:
o Desired Configuration Management (DCM) for System Center Configuration Manager (DCM-SCCM)
o Microsoft Operations Framework Foundations Workshop
o Microsoft Operations Framework Managing Change, Configuration, and Risk Workshop
o Operations Strategic Review (OSR)
o Proactive Monitoring with Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 (PMM) o Risk and Health Assessment Program for IT Operations (OpsRAP)
o Service Level Management for Systems Center Operations Manager (SLM-OM)
o Service Management Assessment (SMA)
Conducting Operations Reviews and Assessments of Customer distributed computing environments
Performing Release Readiness Assessments
Designing, developing and implementing Service Improvement projects 70%
Customer advisory 5%
Sales support and reactive technical support 5%
MOF Community Participation 5%
Personal Administration, non project meetings etc. 5%
– Experience 3 – 5 years of related experience
– Education Bachelors Degree (BS/BA)
– Field of Study (if applicable): Computer or Information Sciences or Engineering.
– Professional Training and Certification ITIL Foundation Certificate ITIL
– Manager Certificate (Preferred) MOF Essentials Certificate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Proven operations consulting skills or Service Delivery Manager role experience.
– Demonstrable written and verbal communications skills.
– Demonstrable effective presentation skills.
– Demonstrable ability to communicate with senior management and executives in a project’s sphere of influence.
Job Segments: Administrative, Customer Service, Customer Service Representative, Engineer, Engineering, Field Engineer, Operations, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Sales, Sales Consultant, Sales Support, Scheduler, Service, Technical Support, Technology