Posted on :
6 May, 2010
6 May, 2010
Microsoft Corporation is a multinational computer technology corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of software products for computing devices, Microsoft South Africa recruits Premier Field Engineer:
Job Category: Customer Service & Support
Location: South Africa, South Africa – Non Location Specific
Job ID: 717810 15310
Division: Services & Support
Premier Field Engineer – Manageability (SCOM/SCCM)
JOB POSTING TITLE: Premier Field Engineer – Manageability
JOB LOCATION: South Africa
Job Posting Category: CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND SERVICES
– To provide Onsite Support Services and Incident Prevention Services to Microsoft.
– Premier Customers. Build very successful relationships with your customer through the delivery of a high-quality technical
engagement in a specific technology area.
– Delivery of an excellent service is essential to promoting the Onsite services as the most customer focused offering
– The engagements may be short-term demand-led or longer term engagements with a dedicated customer.
Team/ Department Mission
– As part of the Customer Service and Support (CSS) the Premier Filed Engineering Services organization delivers Rapid
Onsite Support Services and Incident Prevention Services to MS Enterprise customers.
– The PFE engineers help Premier customers during the “operate” and “improve” phase of the MS product usage.
– The Support Service can be proactive for workshop and SKU service delivery and reactive as well as response on critical
– Increase service availability for Microsoft’s Enterprise Customers by providing proactive support consulting in a specific
product or Technology area.
• Use an adequate technical expertise in troubleshooting to support reactive cases
• Deliver proactive onsite support and knowledge transfer to the customer
• Drive on preventing incidents during your customer visits
• Deliver SKU services and customized workshops.
• Drive high customer satisfaction on GTSC support incidents.
• Maintain deep knowledge of latest products and configurations of Enterprise Customers by continuously increasing
• Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Deliver technical workshops, presentations and documents.
• Maintain your accreditations.
• Collaborate with Microsoft teams to deliver a high quality service.
• Work with Microsoft support engineers using knowledge of your customer’s environment to accelerate problem resolution.
• Manage customer expectations and deliver a service in line with contractual obligations.
• Develop and deliver new services to exceed customer expectations.
• Take responsibility for the Microsoft engagement and your own self development.
• Work within Microsoft account teams on strategic customer deployments which may extend outside business hours.
Key Success Criteria:
• Achievement of personal and team objectives.
• Customer and account team feedback.
• Ongoing feedback through appraisals
– Regular 1:1s with team manager
– Yearly formal review
– Alignment with Microsoft values.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Face-to-face customer engagement skills.
• At least 7 years experience supporting Enterprise customers with.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Strong English
• Awareness of corporate environments and their business requirements.
• Experience and knowledge on the following is desirable
• Experience Enterprise customers on Microsoft manageability technologies (SCOM, SCCM)
• Experience in dealing with “hotsites”
• Personal Attributes
• Demonstrated aptitude for providing exceptional customer service
• Strong team participant and involvement in team workload and activities.
• Integrity and honesty
• Open and respectful with others
• Willing to take on big challenges
• Passion for customers, partners and technology
• Accountable for commitments, results and quality
• Self-critical, questioning and committed to personal excellence.
• MCSE certification or job experience.
• Degree qualification or equivalent experience.
• ITIL/Service Management experience or 3rd level support experience.
Special Requirements/Additional Information e.g. Language skills:
• The majority of time will be spent on customer sites.
• Therefore the following requirements are essential :
– Full driving license
– Ability to travel
– At least 4 days per week at customer site.
– Availability to work outside of business hours when required as agreed on before
(4 ESSENTIAL & 4 DESIRABLE):
– Customer Focus
– Interpersonal skills
– Communication skills
– Technical Passion and Drive
– Problem solving
– Drive for results
– Strategic thinking
Job Segments: Administrative, Creative, Customer Service, Customer Service Representative, Engineer, Engineering, Field Engineer, Scheduler, Service, Web Design