The South African Air Force is now recruiting for the 2018 Military Skills Development System (MSDS). Successful candidates will undergo full time training for two-years, during which, they will receive military and further functional training.
The SA Air Force intends to capacitate the candidates to be highly skilled and disciplined military professionals and patriotic citizens.
The South African Air Force is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. The candidature of persons, whose appointment will promote representivity, will receive preference.
Candidates will be trained in the following areas:
- Airspace Controller
- Members with Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL) not older than 26 years of age with no Maths and Science required.
- 26 Years if in possession of a degree with Level – 4 Maths and Science
- 18–24 Years – Completed Grade 12 or or Equivalent (University Entrance) Mathematics and Physical Science minimum Level – 4 (Essential);
- English Level-4 (Essential)
- Mathematics and Physical Science (N4 to N5 minimum-60%; N6 or 1st year University of Technology or University minimum–50%)
- RSA Citizen (No dual citizenship)
- Not Area Bound
- No Criminal Record
- Physically Fit
- Medically Fit
- No Hearing Impairment (No hearing aid)
- Have 6/6-eye vision (No contact lenses or corrective lenses or surgery)
Pilots and Navigators are to comply with the following cockpit measurments
- Minimum Height –1600mm, Maximum Height –1900mm
- Minimum Weight – 53kg; Maximum – 102kg
- 18–24 Years – Completed Grade 12 or NSC or Equivalent (University Entrance)
- Mathematics and Physical Science minimum Level-6 (Essential)
- English Level-5 (Essential)
- University Admission Point Score (APS) of 35
How to apply
close on 29 February 2017. Click here
the 2018 SAAF application form
. Attach CV with certified copies of qualifications and ID to this application form and send to the Recruitment
Office, SA Air Force Headquarters, Private Bag X199, Pretoria 0001.
Specific Enquiries: 012-312-2875/2319/2148/1261/2752/2665/2462
N.B.During the selections, the applicants will be subjected to Psychometric and Psychomotor evaluations; Medical Evaluation; Vetting and Verification of qualifications.
THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EMPLOYMENT THIS APPLICATION FORM IS NOT FOR SALE!
Should you not hear from Department of Defence by 31 October 2017 please consider your application unsuccessful.