mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families.
Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: South Africa
The role of the HR Business Partner is to provide HR generalist services at an organisational and country level for mothers2mothers. This role provides overall HR support by driving both the strategic and operational HR service delivery objectives at head office and country level. It is a critical link between the business line and HR department providing advice and hands on HR assistance at various levels. The role covers the full ambit of HR generalist support and works with HR generalists and specialists within the organisation. This position reports to the HR Director and is based at the m2m Head Office in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas:
Partner with the Business:
- Develop strong partnerships across the country operations to deliver value added services to management and employees so that they have an increased awareness and skills related to a people focussed approach.
- Partner with business on workforce planning to assist with programme expansion and succession planning facilitate and identify critical skills and talent utilising the talent management framework and process with management.
- Coach and support country leaders in all HR related areas pertaining to the employee life-cycle from entry to exit of the organisation.
Manage HR Processes:
- Ensure efficient HR processes are developed and implemented across the organisation and implementing countries.
- Manage the end to end utilisation and work flow of HR services across all HR channels (HR Premier, ESS, and Silver Soft) at times this may include auctioning the inputs on the systems as well.
- Manager HR reporting process flow and information sharing. Review and analyse HR management reports to identify trends, areas of challenge and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Develop, implement and manage HR policies and procedures ensuring they are globally aligned and locally specific taking into account the relevant country legal context and labour related legislative requirements.
- Drive HR projects as per the work plan and oversee m2m’s expansion from an HR point of view.
- Responsible for the management of direct reports and matrix management of country HR representatives in the portfolio.
- Daily and weekly coaching, mentoring and support to global HR representatives so as to nurture a growth mind-set and continuous improvement approach.
- Build HR capability within the in-country and global HR teams, and act as the HR focal person for country teams that do not have an HR representative providing direct HR administration and generalist support.
- Work in close collaboration with the HO HR team to deliver on HR strategic priorities, providing a high level of service excellence and a business partnering approach to HR.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Honours degree preferred
- NGO experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an HR generalist, management or business partner role
- Knowledge and experience in performance management processes and methodologies
- A fair understanding of employee benefits and reward management
- A solid understanding of international labour law and an ability to undertake benchmarking exercises and assignments in this regard
- Fluency in English essential, Portuguese would be an advantage
- Ability to engage across different levels of the business moving between direct delivery and strategic input
- Well-developed presentation, facilitation and decision making skills
- Employee relations, change management and team development experience
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Comfortable working with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/
Application Deadline: 7 November 2019