mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities.
Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence.
It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Country Finance Manager
The purpose of this position is responsible for the full finance function in South Africa. This includes implementation and monitoring of all aspects of the financial transactions and administrative process related to South Africa including financial management functions i.e. management reporting, financial data analysis, donor reporting, etc. The Country Finance Manager will provide support to the in-Country team to ensure proper resource allocation to implement the activities in-Country. The Country Finance Manager reports directly the Country Director and provides direct technical and financial support to South Africa.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Ensure the Financial Integrity of the Operation is maintained.
- Implement and maintain accounting and financial internal control systems in order to provide appropriate level of security over the organisations resources and operations;
- Review and update financial policies and procedures in line with Head Office policies and Procedures;
- Manage the financial and compliance aspects of donors and ensure that expenses are incurred consistent with grant agreements and contracts;
- Manage the monthly closing of accounts and ensure reconciliation of all accounts;
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data, reports, Financial narrative and variance analysis when necessary to Head Office Finance units;
- Monitor cash flow through preparation of cash budgets and funding requests to ensure that sufficient cash is always available to meet operational needs ;
- Provide support during internal and external audit and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to address audit findings and recommendations;
- Support the Country Director to ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and filings are adhered to; and
- Take initiative on cutting costs without compromising quality.
2. Provide Financial Management services to the Country Office operations through maintaining and managing budgets and financial reporting function
- Prepare and maintain the Country Office annual budgets;
- Prepare monthly financial reporting to the Country Director and Project Directors/Coordinators;
- Prepare quarterly pipeline reports and financial analysis; and
- Provide ad hoc reporting requirements as needed.
- Oversee and liaise with Finance and Administration Officers on procurement, logistics, travel, and program activity preparation, organization and management.
- Ensure integrity of procurement procedures and full documentation.
- Manage project contracting with HO, including procurement contracts or purchase orders for goods and services, service agreements, consultant agreements etc. as applicable.
- Provide personal / career development support and training to other team members, as required;
- Assist the Country Lead / Director in developing the Country Work plan; and Budget.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Chartered Accountant (SAICA) or Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA) preferable. Minimum 3-year bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years post study experience in a financial / accounting capacity of which at least 2 years should include management experience
- Knowledge of institutional donor requirements; EC, DfID, UN partner agreements, SIDA, USAID, CDC, etc would be advantageous.
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Strong accounting and financial management acumen
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with ERP accounting systems, high proficiency in excel.
- Previous experience in a multi-national organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on own and within various teams;
- Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce high level output consistently.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Application Deadline: 04 February 2020