mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families.
Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Strategic Information Analyst
Location: Cape Town
The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise on data analysis, data quality improvement and assurance. The SI Analyst will be responsible bespoke data visualizations for adhoc & routine requests. The candidate will be a cross-functional SI Analyst with team work skills and have an eye for detail. The SI Analyst will work closely with the country SI Leads, Analytics Specialist and Operations Research unit. The SI Analyst will report directly to the Senior SI Manager and have dotted responsibility to the Systems Manager and Senior Programme Lead
Key Performance Areas
Monitoring, Evaluation and Strategic Information:
- Provide TA and support to SI in Implementation geolocations in documenting and designing organizational M&E Systems in support of SI.
- Lead and support monthly data quality reviews and provide systematic feedback to all stakeholders to ensure that standards of the highest data quality are maintained.
- Provide TA to SI & countries, and oversee routine (and ad hoc as required) requests for M&E data.
- Other duties in support of DPTS/SI needs, e.g. including but not limited to supporting, and providing quality assurance for data extraction / data collection in support of SI evaluation and operations research projects.
Supportive Supervision, Management and Capacity Building:
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders in developing and documenting the SI routine M&E system inclusive of, but not limited to a reporting schedule and reporting templates, routine M&E Tools, as well as Data Quality Audit tools and processes.
- Support the development of SI M&E training materials (e.g. manuals, PowerPoint slides, Job Aids, etc.).
- Support ongoing supportive supervision to frontline health workers and other staff in the use of routine M&E tools.
- Lead M&E and programme support for IBIF project with technical lead.
Data Analysis, Use and Dissemination:
- Develop STATA syntax for automated routine auditing of SI data off the back-end of Digital Health Applications.
- Develop STATA syntax for automated routine programme performance reports – in consultation with SI & Programme Managers/ Technical Leads.
- Conduct data analysis and compile reports, for multiple project stakeholders.
- Provide M&E leadership for IBIF and Innovation Hub projects and other assigned projects.
- Ensure high quality reports are submitted / accessed timely.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement:
- Provide Quality Assurance on all SI M&E processes and outputs.
- Ensure that high quality data are consistently generated across all components of SI programme implementation.
- Lead the design of Data Quality Audit systems and protocols, including Data Quality Assessment tools and procedures.
- Lead and oversee the training of local users in the administration of the routine Data Quality Audit system.
- Initiate, manage and implement data quality improvement interventions in collaboration with SI in Implementation geolocations.
- Support by providing TA on managing the execution of all recommendations for improved data quality.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s/ Honor’s level degree in public health or health and development-related field.
- Minimum of five to eight years’ progressively responsible work experience developing and implementing (digital) monitoring and evaluation systems for health, HIV/AIDS, ECD (or related field) in resource constrained contexts.
- Experience in Digital Health (with reference to data collection, data management and reporting) is a requirement.
- Experience using a DHIS2 platform is a strong advantage.
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E (including curriculum development), with reference to data collection (using mHealth), data auditing and data cleaning, data analysis and reporting.
- Experience in designing and leading routine data audits at multiple points in the M&E system.
- Experience collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders on M&E and research Programmes/projects.
- Experience managing, supporting and overseeing the quality of work of junior staff.
- Ability to coach, mentor, develop and strengthen capacity of lay frontline health workers.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Excellent technical leadership, management, coordination, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- A proven track record in writing STATA syntax for automating routine reporting off the back-end of electronic data bases.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including the ability to organize and interpret data and findings in oral and written form.
- Advanced skills in use of statistical software programme (preferably STATA, Tableau).
- Advanced skills in use of information technology including Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access. Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively and to facilitate collective problem-solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with diverse organizational units.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/
Application Deadline: 13 June 2020.