Posted on :
22 Jun, 2010
22 Jun, 2010
MTN Group is a South Africa-based multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African and Middle Eastern countries. MTN South Africa recruits Applications Administrator & Server Support
Location of position
• Creating an appropriate interface with the providers of IT infrastructure within the
Group based on Support Level Agreements.
• Take ownership of the Hyperion application administration, ensuring set-up and
operational functions are according to Best Practise requirements
• Management of database integrity, back-up and disaster recovery as stipulated
in Support Level Agreement.
• Ensuring application availability to users within the Group.
• Provision of application support and training to Hyperion users.
• Set-up of Help-Desk function and query logging.
• Development of variable user reporting requirements.
• Liaison with functional groups as to future application structure changes.
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
– No staff reporting to this position
• Information Systems Department for systems maintenance and support as per
• Finance Department for input and testing of new application changes and
• Technical Department for WEB and intercompany infrastructure.
• 3 years experience with relevant IT experience
• 1 year Experience in a financial environment would be advantageous
• SQL database configuration
• WEB architecture development / support
• Visual Basic programming
Offer valid till 28th June 2010