Posted on :
25 Apr, 2012
25 Apr, 2012
To provide effective HR support to MTN Core management team and to ensure that HR strategy and services is implemented in line with Group HR business plans and ensure that all HR policies, procedures and processes are understood and consistently implemented.
Key Performance Areas:
1) Recruitment and Selection – Manage the recruitment and placement process end-to-end of staff up to and including Level 3H Senior Managers and Senior Consultants ensuring that MTN Management Service is legally compliant and at the most cost effective way. Achieving this includes but is not limited to:
§ Ensuring the recruitment & selection of staff is done objectively and according to MTN policies and procedures
§ Advising line Managers on salary levels and external benchmarking information and making offers to new hires up to and including Senior Manager /Senior Consultant level
§ Manage relationships and correspondence with all candidates and new hires, including regret letters
§ Ensuring compliance to Employment Equity Act, targets & EE Codes of Good Practice (commencing, during and ending Employment)
§ Supporting human resource planning (Head count), costs to recruitment and adherence to headcount budgets
§ Other activities contained in the Policies and Procedures guiding the recruitment, selection and connection of employees
2) On-boarding and Induction
§ Complete Induction Planner per employee
§ Facilitate bi-monthly Induction Sessions
§ Conduct Post Appointment Reviews
3) Manage Employee records and data to ensure data integrity and privacy (from hiring to exit of employees including performing and maintaining exit interview records and the analysis there-of)
1) Performance Management – Manage the performance management process end-to-end through PPP.
§ Drive adherence to IPF cycle and analysis, ensuring compliance to MTN IPF policies and procedures.
§ Reporting on compliance and managing actions to improve compliance
§ Facilitation and Delivery of IPF Sessions
§ Facilitation and Coordination of Moderation Committees and Final Reviews
§ Facilitation and Delivery of Objective Directory Sessions
2) Support Organisation Design activities ensuring that all Group Management Services departments meet the requirements in terms of Structures, Job profiles, evaluations. This involves but is not limited to supporting the departments and functions in job profiling, maintaining the structures, conducting job evaluations and generally ensuring compliance to policies and procedures
3) Training and Development
§ Support Employee Development activities
§ Drive and report on PDP development and implementation
§ Facilitation and Delivery of Manco-run MTN Academy Programmes
§ Reporting on Learning & Development stats and spend
§ Coordination of all MTN Academy Programmes within Manco
§ Skills Development and Reporting (Monthly and Quarterly) including Generating the Annual Training Report and Workplace Skills Plan and coordinating the reimbursement of Funds from Isett SETA
· Provide input into the Employment Equity report
· Staff Movement
5) Wellness Initiatives
· Effective account Management
· ICAS engagement and distribution of monthly Health tit-bits
· Analysis of usage and solutions
· Facilitate and Coordinate Quarterly CAMAF sessions
6) Yello Stars
· Custodian of Employee Recognition Programme
7) Forums: Participation/Coordination of Employment Equity Forum, Manco Culture Forum, HR Culture Forum
8) Expatriate Management: Manage the process end-to-end
· Manage the accommodation, logistics and contractual requirements of expats and reintegration of repats.
9) Industrial Relations: End to end management of IR process
10) Support communications to and networking activities of Group Management Services employee
1) Implement Special Projects as directed
2) Perform HR analysis and reporting on own HR activities as well as Group Management Services HR activities
· Liaise with the internal and external customers, suppliers etc
· Perform reporting
· General HR training,
· Assessment tools such as Bios tools,
· JE Manager
· Minimum of 4 years in Human Resources
· 2 year Generalist HR experience.
· Extensive Knowledge of South African Labour Legislation appropriate laws guiding HR practices
General knowledge of Recruitment
Performance ManagementOD, Training & Development, Remuneration, Oracle. Very detailed knowledge of MTN HR policies and procedures
Skills / physical competencies:
Business acumen, Interpersonal skills, Communication, Facilitation, Counselling, Interviewing, Work management, Negotiation, computer literacy, presentation and report writing skills. Diplomatic and interpersonal ,Time Management, Facilitation, Organizing and co-ordination skills.
Reference No: IRC70119
Position Type: Permanent
Affirmative Action: Yes
Additional: Behavioural qualities:
Adherence to the MTN Brand Values.
Strong service ethic,
Attention to detail,
Ability to work under pressure.
Applications close 25 Apr 2012.