Posted on :
4 Mar, 2011
4 Mar, 2011
To ensure that all customer handsets have been serviced in the MTN repair facility, in accordance with the standards as set by manufacturer, with the highest standard of quality and effective production as a result.
• Monitor risk of Manufactures in terms of warranty claims Submissions for all streams of accreditation.
• Stock take accuracy and execution
• Accurate tools forecasting in line with Manufacture accreditation requirements
• Accurate forecasting and maintaining Operating tools by Technicians with regard to ESD requirements and ESD Policy’s
• Facility Maintenance
• Approving Security invoices and monitoring security additional requirements
• This will be determined by turnaround time of repairs at a maximum of 5 days (including weekends & courier time).
• Responsible for accurate Fault capturing by Warranty Technicians accordance to Manufacture requirements.
• Weekly analyses to be submitted to Management on Warranty claims data to Manufactures.
• Ensure excellence in repair service and minimum bounce rate
• Accountable for not more than 1,5% obsolescence for technical spares
• At least 90% of all repairs to be completed with in 48 hours.
• Responsible for Manufacture accreditation for level 3 warranty repairs locally.
• Accurate spares Forecasting
• All repairs to be performed from Level 1-3
• Minimize second returns and ensure daily production targets are reached set by Management
• Resolve operational issues and escalate to Management daily
• Supervise repair Qs and Prioritize daily production
• Managing of Outsource partner attendance and productivity
• Ensure all vacancy’s for Outsource model are filled in line with HR PPP
• Managing of Security company attendance and productivity
• Ensure building maintenance is escalated and communicated to Facility Manager.
• Ensure Generator maintenance and repairs are reported as per schedule.
• Accurate reporting on statistics in HVRC Midrand repairs completed.
• Report on Defective spares from Manufactures
• Prioritization of incoming volume
• Demand planning on incoming Volume
• Daily reports on TAT (Turn A Round Time)
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks
• Set tasks and KPI’s for direct reports and Supervise performance
• Identify needs in the team and ensure training and education
• Ensure effective and regular training and that the team is up to date with developments
• Recruit and Supervise the appropriate Out Source Partners / contactors
• Overtime Supervision and roistering
• Facilitate disciplinary measures in accordance to HR Policy
• ESD Adherence in accordance to Manufacture requirements
• Adhere to manufacture requirements in accordance to SLA
• Monitoring of time keeping and attendance
• Monthly self audits to be completed and submitted to Management
• Ensure weekly Production meetings with Outsource Partners/ Contractors / other Supervisors in teams
• Ensure product knowledge sharing on the repair lines and regions repair centres
• Daily monitoring of Quality of work and internal QA Failures
• Internal QA failures to be resolved in 2 hours.
Line Equipment & Maintenance
• Ensure latest software and tooling is available for repair process
• Monthly reconciliation of assets on line
• Ordering of new Tooling
• ESD Compliance to manufactures tooling & equipments requirements
• Monthly equipment stock counts
• Monthly equipment forecasting in accordance to operational requirements
• Matric and tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering
• 3 Year high Level Cellular repair supervisory experience
• 2 Year High Level Fault Finding and repair experience
• 2 years experience in a logistics environment
• 1 Year stock control / Inventory control exposure
• Accredited Manufacture repair training
• In-depth knowledge of cellular industry
• People management
Skills / physical competencies:
• Analytical thinking
• Strong communication and pro-active thinking
• Demand Planning
• Deadline driven
• Strong Ability to resolve complex queries and situations
• Open minded
• Comfort with pace and change
• Strong competency Levels in Service Orientation
• Ability to adapt and change according to circumstances
• Clarity of communication
• Ability to foster and develop good relationships
• Withstand pressure
• Change management
Reference No: CSSO/HVRC/MM/010
Position Type: Permanent
Affirmative Action: Open to All
• Handset and repair training
• Oracle Org Applications
• Challenger / Siebel
• Microsoft Office
Applications close 07 Mar 2011.