Posted on :
28 May, 2010
MTN Group operates three business divisions: MTN-SA (South Africa), MTN International, and Strategic Investments. We are listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the Telecommunications Service Sector (which falls under the Industrial Non-Cyclical Services). MTN South Africa recruits: Project Manager – Contract
– Drafting and updating Project Charters to ensure that the following are met:
Objectives, Budgets, Timelines
– Managing the MTN Group Social Media Strategy and Roadmap
– Track project budget and expenditures
– Responsible for managing and updating all supplier contracts
– Keep Marketing Services Team and GM informed of Project Status and key
– Oversee scheduling for meetings, forum/conferences, travel and other team
– Manage and align platforms and applications according to guidelines to ensure
adherence to MTN Group standardization
– Assist with implementation when required
– Prepare monthly and quarterly management and Exco reports.
– Manage project activities, tasks and timelines with other team members,
suppliers and other departments/operations
– Build and maintain relationships with partners and suppliers.
– Provide feedback and input to ensure Project remains on time and on budget
– Project management role in terms of implementing the MTN Group Social
Media strategy in-line with the Group wide Handset-, Sim and Data strategies
– Diploma or Bachelor Degree
– Project Manager Qualification would be an advantage
– 3-5 years of project management experience within marketing or a related field
– 3-5 years of telecommunication experience
– 2-3 years experience in social media, mobile internet, content portals or
converged technologies would be highly advantages
– Budget and Timeline Tracking
– Internal business process understanding.
– Mobile internet, content portals, social media and converged technologies
competitors and key role players
Skills / physical competencies:
– Analytical skills.
– Attention to detail.
– Task oriented.
– People management skills.
– Interpersonal skills.
– Verbal and written communication skills.
– Advanced computer skills.
– Self motivated
Apply before 02/06/10