Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch, is an NGO providing services and support to persons affected by Muscular Dystrophy.
Job Title: Social Auxiliary Worker
Location: Northen suburb of Cape Town
Employment type: Permanent Position
- Assist with intake of new referrals
- Collect information relevant to members’ needs and assessing their relevant skills, strengths and deficits.
- Assist members to identify options and develop plans of action while providing necessary support and assistance.
- Conduct follow-ups with new and existing members telephonically and by way of home visits.
- Assist members to identify and access community resources including medical, financial assistance, housing, employment, transportation and other referral services.
- Assist with facilitation of Adults and Children’s Support Groups.
- Assist with community awareness campaigns
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on clients’ progress.
- Maintain contact with other social service agencies, schools and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients’ overall situation and progress.
- All other duties assigned by management, this may include assisting in our bargain shop and events.
- The Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) in Social Auxiliary Work (1 year) or a two- or three-year diploma in Social Work
- Minimum of 2-3years relevant experience post qualification
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Computer literacy is a requirement
- Report writing and interpersonal skills
- Administrative skills
- Fluent in writing and speaking English & Xhosa is a requirement
- Saturday work is a requirement
- Salary R7129.00pm
Submit a 2 page CV and a motivational letter, to the General Manager, Vanessa Jordaan at email@example.com or fax to: 0865351387.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 3 September, 2019