The SAMRO Foundation invites applications for bursaries for music studies.
The SAMRO Foundation accepts applications from:
- full-time students,
- registered at a South African University, in their
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, or honours, masters or doctoral degrees, who are
- Citizens of South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho or Swaziland, who are
- studying for a degree or diploma majoring in music.
Regrettably the SAMRO Foundation is not presently in a position to award bursaries to:
- students from private higher education institutions;
- university students in their 1st year of study;
- students in foundation or bridging programmes.
- Each bursary is worth R10 000.
The closing date for submission of online applications: 31 March 2016
The Application Form:
Before applicants start to fill in the form they should source following digital documents that will need to be uploaded before submitting the application:
- Copy of ID Document
- Proof of 2016 registration
- 2015 Examination results or most recent academic record (university transcript)
- 2 Letters of reference (not older than 3 months)
- For Masters and Doctoral applicants – a 5 to 8 page synopsis of your thesis or dissertation.
- We request that all communications including reference letters be provided in English
Please only submit what has been requested. Additional material will be discarded.
Disqualification criteria: Applications will not be considered if:
- any section of the form is incomplete
- supporting documents are missing
- more than one proposal is submitted per student
- The application is submitted after the deadline of 31 March 2016.
Click Here to ONLINE APPLICATION
Click Here to SAMRO FOUNDATION PAGE