Muthande Society for the Aged is a community-based organization. Both the founders and the employees of the organization come from the communities we work in.
The older persons we work in are able to familiarise with us and our services. We offer both Home Based Health Care and Social Services to older persons.
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Job Location: South Africa
SCOPE OF THE JOB To carry out HR generalist, HR administrative, and Industrial Relations support duties as service to Muthande Head Office and its centres
KEY JOB OUTPUTS: The key job outputs of the function include, but are not limited to:
RECRUITMENT, SELECTION AND PLACEMENT
- Compile job description for the new position
- Prepare internal and external advert
- In case of external advert, decide on appropriate medium to be used
- In conjunction with Executive Manager utilize effective and fair interviewing and selection procedures
- In conjunction with Executive Manager negotiate terms and conditions with prospective employees
- Ensure that the new employee has undergone an organisational general induction.
- In consultation with the Executive Manager or Manager concerned, also ensure that new employee receive on the job/departmental induction.
- Ensure healthy relations between employer and employees by facilitating meetings between management and employee representatives.
- Advice both management and employee on grievance and disciplinary handling
- Arrange grievance meetings in line with the organisation’s grievance procedures
- Investigate disciplinary matters, where necessary arrange disciplinary enquiries and act as the complainant.
- Prepare and represent the organization externally in dispute resolving mechanism forum such as CCMA and etc.
ADMINISTRATION AND RECORD KEEPING
- Ensure that information on the employee files is updated, i.e. contract of employment, job description, membership and qualification.
- Monitor and track due dates for contract coming to an end and alert Executive Manager or Manager concerned for execution.
- Ensures that leave management policy is adhere to
- In conjunction with Executive Manager effectively manage all communication between organization, employees and clients, including administering all notices placed on notice boards at all Centre’si.e. memos, newsletters and information sessions when necessary.
POLICY DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- Review, where necessary develop HR policies, templates and procedures.
- Interpret policies and procedures to management and employees when necessary
COMPLIANCE WITH STATUTORY LEGISLATIONS
- Submit Employment Equity Report to the EE Registry DOL (annually)
- Submit Skills Development Report to the SETA (annually)
- Follow up on administration formalities linked to the completion of a probationary period for all new employees
- Monitor and track due dates for conducting Performance Reviews and alert Executive Manager to any challenges or discrepancies in this regard.
- Ensure that results of the Performance Reviews are implemented e.g. training needs
- Ensure that records of the Performance Reviews are accurately kept
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Retrieve information pertaining to the need for training and development in the Performance Appraisal record.
- In consultation with Executive Manager or Manager concerned monitor the performance of the employee after training.
- In consultation with Executive Manager organize internal or external training program for employees where necessary
- Ensure that all employees leaving the organization receive exit interviews
- In conjunction with Executive Manager ensure that information received from exit interview reaches the Manco and HR Committee
- Ensure that information obtained from the exit interview where necessary is responded to accordingly.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in HRM or Industrial Psychology
- Minimum of 3 years’ HR experience and successful track record of working within the HR
- Experience in working for an NGO/NPC will be an advantage
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Passion for people development and relationship building
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills (multiple complex analyses simultaneously)
- Good planning and project management skills
- Code 8 or 10 driver’s license is essential.
APPLICATIONS AND CV TO BE SENT TO [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 19 June, 2019