Africa’s largest Internet Service Providers, and we believe in one thing: connecting people. There are always exciting things happening in the world of MWEB. Are you keen to be part of the amazing world of MWEB? You might be exactly what we’re looking for.
Everything happens for a reason, like you landing on this page for example. You are here because you thought to yourself: “I’m Intrigued”. By simply being here, you just took a BOLD step in finding out how you can have a career at MWEB.
Technology is at the core of our business, it is what we’re all about. since our Creation in 1997, we have been committed to driving change and improving the Internet in South Africa, from the Big Black Box to the first consumer launch of Uncapped ADSL. We think that’s pretty BOLD!
Other than technology, BOLD sits at the very heart of our brand and it’s what drives us to try harder, to challenge more and doubt less every day. And if being bolder is what defines us, then our brand values and behaviours are how we show it. Is this starting to sound like you?
The MWEB Human Resources division in Cape Town currently has a vacancy for a HR Intern who, reporting to the HR Manager will be accountable for assisting the team in various HR functions including but not limited to Recruitment & Selection, Organisation Development, Remuneration & Benefits, Administration & Reporting and Employee/Industrial Relations related activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Reporting and administration within all HR disciplines
• Provide recruitment support by assisting with the full recruitment cycle from advertising to placing of candidates
• Support and co-ordinate training and development activities
• Support executing remuneration and renefits administration processes and activities
• Participate in a range of employer relations / industrial relations activities and tasks
• Capture and process on the HR Information Systems
• Assist in various ad hoc related projects
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to function independently and within a team
• Outstanding communication skills, coupled with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to identify problems and suggest solutions
• Capable of handling pressure
• Time management skills
• Ability to multitask
Qualifications and experience required:
• Degree/B-Tech Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology
• Knowledge of BCEA, Employment Equity Act, Labour Relations Act and Skills Development Act
• Fully computer literate
• Some working experience will be advantageous
Closing Date: 28 January 2018
Location: Western Cape
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be given first preference.