My Vote Counts (MVC) is a non-profit that aims to improve the accountability, transparency and inclusiveness in South Africa’s political and electoral systems. They achieve their aims through research, advocacy, campaigning, popular education and strategic litigation.
Job Title: Administration & HR Officer
Location: Cape Town office
Employment type: Full time on a 12-month fixed term contract (renewable depending on funding).
- Manage staffing hours and leave allocations;
- Manage procurement for the organisation and the individual projects;
- Liaise with service providers pertaining to organisational services (e.g. Accountant, Auditors, Computer Technician);
- Assist project staff with logistics pertaining to MVC activities and events;
- Record keeping and digitisation of key documents;
- Maintain MVC’s asset register;
- Develop policies for the office as and when they become necessary.
- Assist with other admin related duties as they arise.
- Manage all HR requirements at the office;
- Ensure accurate record keeping of employee information;
- Provide guidance on policies and procedures for staff;
- Oversee the health and safety of all employees;
- Liaise with the Board on HR matters when required;
- Guide the Director on matters related to labour law and employment legislation;
- Prepare job descriptions and manage advertising for new positions and setting up of interviews;
- Other HR duties as they arise.
- Ensure that all governance and Board related records are documented and up to date;
- Liaise with Board members pertaining to information required by SARS, CIPC and MVC’s donors;
- Facilitate logistical requirements for MVC Board meetings;
- Must be a South African citizen or permanent resident with a valid working visa with appropriate qualifications in Office Administration and/or HR.
- An ability to work on multiple projects concurrently;
- Basic IT skills (Word, Excel) is a minimum requirement but deeper knowledge is an advantage;
- Minimum work experience of 2 years;
- Previous experience working in an NGO environment is an advantage;
- An ability to conduct oneself with discretion and sensitivity.
To apply, Candidates must submit:
- A CV (maximum 3 pages);
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page); AND
- Current contact details of at least three referees to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 20 March, 2020