Nal’ibali (isiXhosa for “here’s the story”) is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign. It seeks to spark and embed a culture of reading across South Africa, so that reading, writing, and sharing stories – in all South African languages – is part of everyday life.
Job Title: Master Trainer
Job Location: Johannesburg
The successful candidate will support the Training Manager in the execution of the training and mentorship strategy for Nal’ibali as per the strategic direction of the campaign.
- Activate and coordinate training cycle phases (pre-during-post training activities) according to scheduled training logs from internal departments (administrators) and external interested parties.
- Lead and coordinate pre-training/mentorship sessions, including necessary training material and logistics, with provincial support coordinators (and partners) as guided by the Training Manager
- Assemble Training team combinations for training events as guided by the Training Manager for scheduled (internal) and responsive (external) training events.
- Fulfil full training facilitation role at selected training sessions and special projects as guided by the Training manager
- Assist and contribute to curriculum design, development and orientation processes as guided by the Training Manager
- Coordinate, facilitate and guide interactive learning at own LM spaces designed to improve literacy practice (reading and story play clubs – including media platforms)
- Conduct preliminary analysis of training/mentorship evaluations/reflections/feedback and share key recommendations with Training Manager for further consideration and action.
- Monitor and track training programme activities, to handle any issues arising, including escalating these to the training manager
- Facilitate training reflective platform discussions across social media platforms, working with the communication Team.
- Drive supplement activation process through the scheduled authoring of the supplement spark guide, including tracking supplement usage trends emerging from data collected.
- Lead and respond to on-site mentorship requests from both internal departments and external partners.
- Maintaining and integration of plans, schedules and resources, working with other programme departments to ensure administrative synergy.
- Ensure record keeping as prescribed by the Training manager
- Related tertiary qualification a necessity, particularly in the fields of education, project management, and/or social development
- Speak more than one South African languages; fluency in English, Sesotho, Sepedi, Setswana and/or Xitsonga strongly preferred
- Proven work experience as Training coordinator
- Track record in facilitation of successful training programs
- Track record in coordinating diverse training teams
- Familiarity with training cycle activities
- Have valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel
- Facilitation, presentation, coaching and mentorship skills.
- Communication and Leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and Time-management skills.
To apply, submit your motivational letter and CV to [email protected] with your name and surname, position title on the subject line.
Note that feedback will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.
Application Deadline: 20th July, 2018