The National Consumer Tribunal (NCT) is inviting legal
graduates to apply to its Internship Programme
based in Pretoria
. This is a one year contract opportunity and the interns will report to the Senior Case Analyst
. A competitive and market related salary will be offered to successful candidates (Ref: NCT16/LI001).
NCT is an independent adjudicative body with jurisdiction throughout the Republic. Its purpose is to adjudicate on credit and consumer related matters provided for in the National Credit Act
(NCA) and the Consumer Protection Act (CPA), and to rule onalleged
contraventions of these Acts
The Tribunal hears and decides on applications
and referrals involving consumers, credit providers, debt counsellors and credit bureaus.
- Interns will be exposed to procedural aspects of handling cases and ensuring that the cases are processed expeditiously as possible and brought to a point of finalisation, which will entail:
- Conducting an assessment of a cases
- Handling the logistics for the set down of cases; and Ensuring that there is compliance with the rules of procedures for matters before the Tribunal
- Interns will be involved in the collating of performance information and management of statistics and any other tasks that may be required.
- Interns will be exposed to the substantive and procedural aspects of a case, which will entail analysing of cases and conducting research on cases.
- Final year or Post-graduate law students,
- No job experience required
- Excellent academic track record
- Attention to detail & high level of accuracy to be applied at work
- Commitment and dedication
- Hard worker, outputs driven and honest.
- The Tribunal reserves the right not to fill any of the positions.
Closing date is 30 September 2016. Please email a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to [email protected]. No late applications will be considered.