The National Department of Social Development (DSD) and a consortium of organisations have formed a partnership aimed at improving the effectiveness of the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Conditional Grant (ECD – CG).
The DSD and the consortium are looking to appoint an ECD Non-Centre Based Services/Programmes Technical Advisor to be based at the National DSD offices in Pretoria, who can provide strategic and technical support and advice to both National DSD and the Provinces, and support the successful implementation of the ECD CG. This position is a one-year fixed term contract renewable for a further year.
Job title – Technical Advisor: ECD Non-Centre Based Services / Programmes
The role of the Technical Advisor is to:
- Provide technical input into developing an appropriate framework for the expansion of non-centre based ECD services e.g. early learning playgroups, home visiting programmes, mobile ECD services, etc.
- Work with DSD and partners to develop an appropriate regulatory response, including norms and standards and delivery models for non-centre ECD based services.
- Provide solutions to challenges around registration and capacity building on registration compliance across provinces and ensuring awareness of process requirements.
- Support provinces with rolling out non-centre based ECD services
Education, Language and Qualifications:
- Degree or Postgraduate Degree in economics, social science, or a business process related field
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and spoken
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Substantial mid to senior level experience, with at least 4-8 years of combined public and private sector experience being preferable
- Understanding of ECD systems
- Understanding government policy and legislation i.e. Children’s Act and NPO Act
- Experience in change management
- Prior work at a provincial level
- Understanding of social development registration processes or general process flows/process management best practices
- Understanding of the environment of NPO ECD organisations
- Experience in policy development
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Enquiries and Submission
- Please direct all enquiries by email to [email protected]
- Only written enquiries will be responded to
- Please refrain from sending any enquiries directly to individuals from Department of Social Development and the consortium. Such enquiries will not be responded to and not be deemed valid
- Mark all enquiries in the email heading with the vacancy you are applying for: This will assist with the expeditious handling of enquiries
- Enquiries received less than 2 working days before the closing date will not be responded to due to anticipated high volumes
To apply please submit a letter of motivation (500 words maximum) detailing why you are suitable for the position you are applying for and a copy of your CV in Word format (NO certificates please) by 22 June 2018.
Please ensure you state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates.
Application Deadline: 22 June 2018