Posted on :
8 May, 2010
8 May, 2010
Our client, a leading marketer of premium drinks in SA is looking for a National Key Accounts Manager – Grocers.
This role will directly manage a team dedicated to the Grocer channel. Together with the Regional General Managers the role will be responsible for sales driver implementation through the regional sales teams in all relevant Grocer outlets.
• Contribute to the relevant Grocer strategy and decision-making process.
• Motivate the sales organisation behind a clear, simple and powerful Grocer strategy, engendering strong and supportive trade relationships at senior and industry level.
• Drive the highest standards of execution for the relevant Grocer Group.
• Obtain and apply facts and data driving to excellence in planning, decision making and performance measurement, taking corrective action as required.
• Contribute to, shopper and category insight, resulting in powerful and breakthrough strategies that motivate the team to exceed goals.
• Recruit, develop, retain, lead and motivate the Grocer team to ensure superb execution of marketing plans.
• Coaching and mentoring the team across DWBB elements, ensuring a structured and cohesive development plan for each individual.
• Foster outstanding collaboration and build relationships both internally and externally especially with key touch points.
• Suitable university degree.
• Business qualification ideal.
• Six to years’ experience gained across commercial and other functions – cross functional experience an advantage.
• Exposure across different channels and different levels of customer sophistication (e.g. National Accounts, Key Accounts and Field Sales)
• Track record of success in highly demanding sales organisations (FMCG) and in alcoholic beverages
• Leadership of large team operating in complex, multi-channelled settings
• Line management of large organisations, especially in field sales
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated delivery in challenging trading environments; understanding of channel, pricing, negotiations and strategy development
• Exposure resolving numerous conflict-filled situations
• Negotiation and conflict resolution with powerful Customers
• Negotiate with agencies and other outsourced agencies for agreed levels of non-permanent sales people and standards of service delivery.
Inspirational leadership; people management, recruitment/selection; coaching; networking and influencing; communication; selling skills; planning; negotiating; training and development; performance management; systems; problem solving.
Remuneration: Market Related
City: Cape Town
Education level: Degree
Job level: MidSenior
Travel requirement: Occasional
Job policy: Black Economic Empowerment
Reference #National K