National Renal Care has grown and evolved into the leading total kidney and disease management organisation in South Africa. NRC cares, not only for its patients but also for society and earth.
National Renal Care situated in Berea seeks to recruit an ambitious, talented, goal driven and self-motivated individual to fulfil the role of a Healthcare worker.
Job Title: Healthcare Worker
Location: Berea, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference: # H0200100119
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary Market: Related
The Health Care Worker will be tasked to assist in attending to and maintaining the basic needs of the patient.
- Ensure a safe and optimal dialysis service by prepping and cleaning dialysis machines prior to each patient dialysis session as per policies & procedures and NRC standards.
- Ensure that the unit generator is in working condition by completing the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance inspections, logging technical issues and refuelling the generator with diesel as and when required.
- Ensure that all financial policies and procedures are followed in the unit i.e. stock, waste.
- Ensure excellent customer service and patient care by ordering and serving patients their meals in line with dietary requirements and NRC policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe work ethic and a safe dialysis environment by complying with infection control and occupational health and Safety standards on a daily basis.
- Ensure that you are continuously educated regarding the Health care worker function in the unit and that your related knowledge is constantly updated.
- Ensuring a safe dialysis session by testing of the machine alarms prior to each dialysis session to ensure that they are operational.
- Demonstrate the National Renal Care Values and Caring the NRC Way.
- Grade 12 level of numeracy and literacy
- A Minimum of 1-year experience within a similar role is preferred.
- A minimum of 1-year experience within renal will be advantageous
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong Customer orientation
- Team player
- Very energetic
- Well organised
- Excellence Orientation (Concern for high quality work)
- Ethical Behaviour (Honesty)
Application Deadline: 02/04/2020