National Renal Care has grown and evolved into the leading total kidney and disease management organisation in South Africa. NRC cares, not only for its patients but also for society and earth.
National Renal Care situated in Olivedale seeks to recruit an ambitious, talented, goal driven and self-motivated individual to fulfil the role of a Unit Leader.
Job Title: Unit Leader
Location: Olivedale, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference: # U0200100031
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary Market: Related
The Unit Leader will be responsible for coordinating improved quality nursing care by ensuring compliance to professional and ethical practice. The incumbent will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that nursing care and service delivery is implemented and practiced within a multi-disciplinary quality assurance team. In accordance the incumbent will be accountable for coordinating capacity building, mentoring and training.
- Ensure growth of the business through marketing, communication and education of stakeholders on an on – going basis.
- Ensure that all financial policies and procedures are adhered to in the unit i.e. patient and unit administration, CAPEX, equipment, budget planning, stock, waste, etc.
- Ensure effective staff care by compliance to HR and payroll policies and procedures in managing staff, staffing and related issues daily in the business.
- Ensure and create a safe and conducive dialysis environment for NRC to render optimal dialysis daily.
- Ensure adherence to clinical policies and procedures and ensure that NRC’s quality initiatives are utilised for all patients under your management.
- Ensure efficient customer service by maintaining proactive and effective stakeholder and interdepartmental relationships and communication in order to maintain optimal standards of service delivery.
- Ensure on – going education, training and development of yourself and unit staff in order to provide the best dialysis service.
- Ensure optimal patient care in line with NRC’s policies & procedures, best care practices and quality initiatives.
- Demonstrate the National Renal Care Values and Caring the NRC Way in all my behaviour
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse/ Midwife or Registration with HPCSA as a Clinical Technologist (Independent Practice)
- Relevant qualification with a minimum of 5 Years post basic and proven leadership and/or people management experience within healthcare (including clinical competence in renal)
- Basic understand of labour legislation, financial and change management principles
- Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation.
- Computer Proficiency (MS Office) essential.
- Driver’s license and own transport a must.
- Building a Successful team
- Respect for others & Diversity Management
- Influencing others
- Effective Communication
- Good Judgement
- Organisational Understanding
- Developing others
- Building Trust
Application Deadline: 01/04/2020