Natural Justice is a young and fast-paced nonprofit organisation specialising in human rights and environmental law in pursuit of social and environmental justice.
Job Title: Communi-
cations Officer [2 Positions]
Job Location: To be based in:
The position is for 12 months with the possibility of extension, which is dependent on funding.
- Work closely with the NJ team to ensure relevant programme materials are developed and disseminated through social media channels and/or to partner organisations directly
- Maintain NJ’s website and integrated news feed as well as all social media and fundraising sites through daily monitoring, posting and content development in collaboration with programme staff
- Be responsible for the content management of all news blogs drafted by programme staff before it goes online
- Write pieces with the support of programme staff and edit other publications
- Be on the lookout for relevant news items via social media and distribute these among relevant staff members
- Develop a communications calendar for NJ, and contribute to the development of a media and communications strategy that he/she will implement
- Coordinate media engagements, manage relationships and develop a database of media contacts
- Assist the NJ team during fundraising or project design phases to identify appropriate communication activities for respective projects.
- Ensure timely and quality production of advocacy and branding materials such as newsletters for internal and external distribution, annual reports, picture stories, videos
- Manage the monthly internal communication newsletter and a quarterly newsletter for the general public
- Archive all communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc
- Support donor relations through the development of brochures and other background materials
- Support special events, meetings and campaigns through relevant communications tools, including publications, flyers, blogs, or online campaign strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of similar work experience is required
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors
- The candidate will be expected to be a driven self-starter that is reliable, has the ability to prioritise, pay attention to detail, and shows initiative at work
- Demonstrated social media experience (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram use and analytics)
- Basic design and layout skills and experience in using Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker and Canva are an added advantage
- Experience in or knowledge of newsletter distribution (Mailchimp)
- Website management (WordPress), Google analytics and Google Drive
- Proficient in English
- Proficiency in French is an advantage
- Integrity, accountability, and punctuality
- Be a team player
- An interest in advocating for social and environmental justice
To apply, submit your CV to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
Please ensure that your application as a whole speaks to the required skills, experience, traits and attributes listed above.
Only candidates with a valid work permit to work in South Africa and/or Kenya should apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 3rd August, 2018