Ndlovu Care Group is a South African NGO based in a rural environment, Elandsdoorn, Limpopo Province which provides comprehensive integrated Health, Child Care & Community Development and Medical Research services as part of a large scale development program.
Job Title: Medical Officer-Clinical Research
Location: Elandsdoorn (Groblersdal)
theb purpose of this positions is to Conduct clinical trials/studies according to ICH GCP, local regulations, study-specific protocols and NRC-specific processes.
- MBChB degree with at least 2 year experience as a Medical Officer
- Valid HPCSA registration as a Medical Practitioner
- Previous experience in Clinical Research as a Principal Investigator or Sub-Investigator is preferred
- A valid ICH GCP certificate
- Exceptional general medical practitioner diagnosis and treatment proficiency
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, TB and Primary Health Care issues and ARV treatment will be advantageous
- Strong interest in clinical research and community development
- Good communication and organizational skills within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- IT proficiency and good knowledge in using Microsoft Office and other sponsor related programs and portals
- Good administration skills, passionate about quality and detail and meticulous in clinic record keeping
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and as a leader
- Perform clinical activities related to the trial protocol including clinical assessments, specimen collection, oversight of the safety of study participants, determination of clinical eligibility, and meticulous administration of study participant files.
- Possibly conduct clinical interviews and administer study questionnaires.
- Reporting, follow up, assessment and management of adverse events.
- Completion of all required study-related documentation according to the study protocol, SOP and GCP requirements.
- Conduct regular quality control checks to ensure accuracy of clinical data collection and good data quality.
- Training of new clinicians and nurses and capacitation of the research team.
- Report writing and contribute towards publications.
- Willing to rotate and provide back-up where required.
- Coordinates relevant aspects of study and ensures compliance with study protocol, all relevant procedures, policies and regulations.
Candidates should submit their motivation letter and detailed CV to the CHROO, Poppy Mashamaite, via e-mail [email protected]