The Ndlovu Research Consortium is a collaboration between Utrecht University Medical Centre in the Netherlands, Ndlovu Care Group, and South African Universities. The focus of the South Africa-Netherlands Research Consortium is on HIV/AIDS and its consequences for health and society.
Title: Medical Technologist
Location: Dennilton and Groblersdal.
The purpose of the position is to participate in all laboratory related activities at Ndlovu Research Centre.
- Minimum National Diploma in Medical Technology (Clinical Pathology)/ Biomedical Technology
- HPCSA registration as Medical Technologist (Clinical Pathology)
- At least 3-5 years working experience preferably within a research environment
- Understanding of pathology test procedures.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and methodologies (manual and automated).
- Knowledge of good laboratory practice and QA/QC is essential
- Knowledge of specimen processing and reading/interpreting of test results
- Basic computer skills in MS Windows
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- Numerical reasoning skills
- Experience working in research is an advantage
- Operates, maintains and calibrates the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results
- Assist in development and review of SOP’s when required
- Provide technical support within laboratory in order to ensure the efficient flow of specimens and timeous resulting of specimen
- Analyses of results of conducted rapid tests
- Perform administration tasks in order to ensure effective administration systems in the laboratory
- Maintain good client relations in order to promote the image of the Ndlovu Research Centre(clinical research division of NCG)
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with safety protocols.
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Monitoring of temperature of freezers, store rooms and laboratory
- Responsible for adhering to NCG Research Centre protocols as set standard operating procedures.
Behavioural Competencies and skills: Client Focus; Action orientation; Problem solving; Quality orientation; Teamwork; Attention to details; Task structuring, Technical Knowledge.
Candidates should submit their motivation letter and detailed CV to HR Administrator Anita Foulds, at fax number 013 262 3498 or by e-mail to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 23 August, 2019