Posted on :
13 Feb, 2012
13 Feb, 2012
• To provide the basic project management, co-ordination, administration and support required to assist various Retail Businesses land and implement projects and business as usual initiatives aligned to the ICS and strategic plans.
Key Functions / Responsibilities
Effective Project Scope Management:
• To set up the required project and reporting structures.
• To develop and/or track Scope of Work requirements for all projects where required.
• To identify and manage dependencies within projects.
Effective Project Time Management:
• To monitor and ensure deliver of projects within agreed time, cost & quality.
• To ensure meetings are scheduled and that minutes are accurate and distributed within required turnaround times.
• Monitor outstanding items.
Effective Project Quality Management:
• Evidence of accurate Processes and minutes.
• To apply project management methodologies and standards to all related areas of responsibility.
Effective Project Risk Management:
• To set up risk & issue logs and monitor on an on-going basis.
Living the Values, Staff Morale, Effective Direct Report Management Survey Results:
• 360 Feedback on values.
• Compliance to Performance Management.
• To provide support to Programme Managers and the greater ICS/AC team when and where required.
• Evidence of Training and Development Plan.
Effective Project Integration Management:
• Alignment to all Project Methodology.
• To capture, load, track update and monitor all project related documents and information on the required systems.
• To provide input into and administer project budget where applicable.
Effective Project Communications Management:
• To build relationships and proactively manage sponsors and stakeholders expectations and to solicit their cooperation.
• To provide sponsors and stakeholders with regular project reporting / status updates and relevant information.
• To build relationships with and manage external partners and vendors, including the escalation of vendor non-performance.
Acceptable Risk Environment:
• Department: Internal Audit (HR practices, Financial BC Planning, OHS, Risk & Compliance Training).
Provides operational support and quality administrative services to the area of operation focusing on:
• Managing diaries wrt meeting requests.
• Scheduling of meetings and all logistics related to the meetings – venue, catering (if required), booking parking etc.
• Minute taking, printing of packs, minutes etc.
• Managing of shared folders for the team according to audit requirements.
• Chasing up on outstanding actions / matters arising from governance forums.
• Draw existing standard reports and compilation of packs.
• Update communications calendar.
• Booking all our travel.
• Processing invoices.
• Attend meeting on manager behalf and take minutes / action items.
• Provides and maintains exceptional customer service.
• Buys-in to team objectives, decisions & goals. Willingly & timeously shares information, knowledge, ideas & opinions.
• Assumes new or additional responsibilities to support colleagues/ the team. Recognizes & values diversity in the team.
• Involves others in decision-making (where appropriate).
• Learns collaboratively with colleagues, not allowing competitiveness to get in the way.
• Continuously communicates to other teams’ members / relevant others.
• Motivates & energizes team members towards goal achievement.
• Encourages team members to function as teams / to co-operate by setting common goals.
• Advocates co-operation / collaboration.
• Follows & leads interchangeably.
• Recognizes team performance by shared rewards.
• Resolves intra- and inter-team conflict.
• Addresses obstacles to successful teamwork & collaboration.
• Enhances synergy between teams.
• Fosters a team environment & encourages collaboration.
• Matric/Grade 12 plus Administrative qualification
• Project Management Diploma or Degree
• Preferably 1-2 years Project Assistant and Project Coordination experience, as well as the ability to manage small projects. Experience on large Portfolio Projects would be advantageous.
• Project Management & Methods
• Microsoft Office Products
• MS Project
• Excellence Orientation
• Verbal Communication
• Written Communication
• Managing Work
• Planning and Organizing
• Building Relationships
• Team work
• Managing Conflict
• Attention to Detail
While all applications will be considered, the BU’s Employment Equity Strategy will be taken into account.
In line with Ned bank’s commitment to diversifying its workplace, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Expiry date: 2012-02-24