Advert Code: COMPLI06
FAIS Affected: Yes
Location: 135 Rivonia Road, Sandton
To provide the business with guidance and an understanding, overview and interpretation of relevant legislation with the intent to minimise regulatory risk. To provide any other technical support in compliance related projects and matters.
Key Performance Areas:
- 25% Interpretation of legislation and identifying the impact on the business: Liaison with EGC, Legal, and business units as required.
- 25% Provide guidance to the business on legislative requirements: Guide all stakeholders, track implementation, conduct presentations/training, run workshops, attend business unit meetings, review effectiveness of processes, forms, policies and procedures.
- 15% Create awareness and provide input educational and training material: Brochures, booklets, forms design, process and policy design, communications, change management.
- 10% Support the stakeholders to implement compliance requirements and other compliance related projects: Ensure that the design of systems and user interface accommodate compliance requirements, address processes and policy changes required, assist all stakeholders with implementation of compliance legislation in their respective areas, react to and resolve queries from the business, keep issue logs, drive resolution of issues, communicate to management.
- 10% Provide business and the compliance monitoring teams with compliance checklists and other monitoring tools: Design the monitoring tools and the tool content, make available to the Div compliance Officers/monitoring teams, review non-compliant items and provide necessary solutions where business cannot resolve.
- 10% Conduct Macro compliance monitoring and provide Status reports: Consolidate compliance information received from monitoring team, businesses into status report. Formulate the Reg 47 reports.
- 5% Personal Development Performance agreement and personal development plan in place: Performance appraisal done twice per annum. Formal and informal learning and development as per development plan. Living the values.
Bachelors Degree (Hons)
Job Related Experience:
Up to 5 years
- Business Process re-engineering
- Change Management: The ability to act as a catalyst in the implementation of change by initiating and facilitating the acceptance of change in the workplace.
- Project Management & Methods: Risk management steps. Project life cycle & characteristics thereof (initiate, define, plan, implement, close out). Appropriate project management computer software packages. Phases of implementation. How to develop resource plans & schedules. Methods of tracking & maintaining progress toward goals.
- Microsoft Office Products
- 10% Adaptability
- 15% Excellence Orientation
- 15% Verbal Communication
- 15% Written Communication
- 10% Implementing Strategy
- 5% Team work
- 5% Influencing
- 10% Analytical Thinking
- 15% Innovation
Required Industry Acumen:
Banking and Insurance
Click here to apply online
Applications accepted until: 24th of Feb, 2014