Nedbank Sub Division Cluster
Property and Asset Finance
Location: Clocktower Building, V&A Waterfront
To source new commercial Property Finance transactions, ensure that existing Property Finance clients are maintained, and consequently that relationship-based business potential is optimised ensuring that maximum profitability / return is derived for the Bank. To ensure that Nedbank Property Finance remains the dominant player in the Property Finance market through innovative deal making and product structuring.
Key Performance Areas:
- Achieve and / or exceed financial targets by effective acquisition of commercial and industrial property finance deals and management of the book / portfolio.
- Develop strong relationships with clients, property brokers, estate agents and any other deal referral channels / agents within region and initiate new business with them.
- Continuously look for creative approaches to put deals on the book.
- Have adequate insight into financing instruments to create deals.
- Go out of the way (but with risk management related parameters) to ensure that deals are booked.
- Build and maintain existing relationship with established Clients within Region, retaining and optimising existing business opportunities.
- Add value in dealing with clients.
- Provide internal and external client satisfaction by ensuring operational excellence in dealing with client queries.
Compliance / Risk Management
- Identify inherent and potential risk in the property market within the region.
- Continuously evaluate and mitigate the credit risk embedded within the environment and deals, to derive the maximum risk and return situation.
- Identify new business opportunities within different divisions of Nedbank.
Tertiary qualification e.g. B. Com or equivalent financial qualification.
Job Related Experience:
At least five years’ experience in commercial and industrial property finance; client acquisition and sales; and property development.
- Property finance industry knowledge
- Ability to structure commercial property finance transactions by considering property risk, tenant risk, business risk and appropriate cash flow modelling.
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Risk within Property Finance
- Micro and Macro Economic Trends
- Financial and Business Acumen
- Property Legislation
- Basic Commercial Law
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Team Player
- Decision Making
- Initiating Action
- Presentation Skills
Required Industry Acumen: