Posted on :
8 Jun, 2010
8 Jun, 2010
135 Rivonia Road – Sandton
To manage and perform fraud risk mitigation through detection of fraudulent activities using electronic data analysis; crime analysis.
Functions/ Key Responsibilities
Proactive data mining projects:
• Administer databases; run batch queries.
• Liaise with Nedbanks data base centre.
• Manually download required project data.
• Ensure continous systems and data updating.
• Preliminary results data analysis and extrapolation to meet specific project objectives and identify further proactive projects.
• Facilitate and implement strategy to improve fraud risk detection among investigators and risk officers.
Effective fraud risk management:
• Apply knowledge and experience to identify fraud risk and highlight to the business.
• Preventions, detection, identify and investigate organised crime, training and awareness, proactive measures to mitigate fraud risk.
Ensure MIS is accurately updated:
• Ensure all relevant fields in the Orbit system are comprehensively, timeously and accurately completed and updated.
• Ensure referral of hard copy file and electronic version for closure by the investigator and manager.
• Provide information as per ad hoc requests.
Effective client service (internal):
• Receive and Investigate complaints and provide timeous resolution and feedback on an ongoing basis, manage reputational risk of Nedbank through liaising with and influencing external clients, comply with SLAs and deliverables, consulting services.
Effective self management:
• Take ownership for own career development by creating and managing own development plan, identify areas for personal development, comply with company policies/procedures/governance and legislation.
• Appropriate time and stress management.
• Plan and prioritise effectively to ensure deadlines are met and quality standards maintained.
• Flexibility to change, conflict management, communications in general, maintain a positive attitude, demonstrate commitment to team.
• Download and analyse electronic data, (eg. access and entry logs, and telephone records) in support of investigations.
• Diploma in Criminal Justice and Forensic Auditing or relevant degree/diploma with 5 yrs and above banking or investigative experience (as a benchmark).
• B Sc Computer Science degree a strong recommendation.
• Certified Fraud Examiner.
• Sound knowledge of Criminal Law and Laws of Evidence.
• Sound IT literacy and knowledge of forensic means of investigating cyber-crime.
• Banking / investigative experience essential.
• Integrity Clearance, High level of English literacy and report writing skills requirements.
• Willingness to travel.
• Verbal Communication
• Planning and organising
• Information Monitoring
• Analytical Thinking
• Product Knowledge
• Banking systems understanding
• Risk management methodologies
While all applications will be considered, the BU’s Employment Equity Strategy will be taken into account.
In line with Ned bank’s commitment to diversifying its workplace, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.