Posted on :
21 Dec, 2010
21 Dec, 2010
Nedbank Group Limited operates as a bank holding company for Nedbank Limited and Imperial Bank Limited, which provide various wholesale and retail banking services in South Africa and internationally. It accepts current accounts, savings accounts, call and notice deposits, fixed deposits, cash management deposits, and negotiable certificates of deposit; and provides mortgages, installment credit, overdrafts, personal loans, and credit card borrowings to individuals, as well as to corporate, commercial, and public sectors. Nedbank South Africa recruits Senior Manager (Chemical Technology)
Senior Manager: Chemical Technology
• To ensure that the overall strategy for the SABS Laboratory is implemented for both in-house and outsourced work and priorities.
• Management of all resources i.e. financial and human within area of control.
• Management of numerous projects within scope of control.
• Development and implementation of the strategy for the Chemistry Laboratory Department.
• Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Growing of the Chemistry Laboratory business for the SABS at a national level.
• Develop national and international business for respective divisions.
• Research and collect market information which would be used for business strategy and tactics.
• Create a diverse employment force with demographic representation of post levels, qualifications, experience, race etc.
• Post Graduate Degree/Diploma or NQF level 6 – 8 in a related discipline
• 8 year related experience in developing methods within a wide range of sciences (food, water, industrial, veterinary, pesticides, material and pharmaceuticals) with 5 of these at a managerial level.
• Experience in methods for organic/polymer testing and/or product formulation characterization as well as SANS 17025 management (preferable).
• Computer literate (MS. Office Suite including Access, Internet and other related programmes).
• Communication (level3)
• Planning and Organising (level 2)
• Results Orientation (level 3)
• Customer Focus (level 3)
• Building Relationships (level 3)
• Managing Performance (level 3)
• Professional and Technical Depth and Credibility (level 4)
• Strategic Thinking (level 3)
• Organisational Awareness
The SABS has a policy of developing staff where possible to meet current and future needs; candidates should be prepared to undergo further training if required.