The NMF contributes to the making of a just society by mobilising the legacy of Nelson Mandela, providing public access to information on his life and times, and convening dialogue on critical social issues.
The Nelson Mandela Foundation was established in 1999 when its Founder, Mr Nelson Mandela, stepped down as the President of South Africa.
Job Title: Mandela Day Project Coordinator
- Drive implementation of the Mandela Day strategy through operationalising the objectives
- In consultation with the Programme director and project team, assist and lead in conceptualising and implementation of the various project within NMF relating to Mandela Day
- Provide research and analysis support towards the programme’s objective pillars
- Produce through leadership pieces in relation to the strategic pillars of the programme
- Build a stakeholder community base for regular engagement.
- Assist in data collection, mapping and other processes to build a enriched Mandela Day knowledge base.
- Initiate and influence Mandela Day Initiative of partners and other Stakeholders to align with the NMF Strategy.
- Implementation of small scale pilot projects to demonstrate best practice for informal Mandela Day Strategic Pillars.
- Implement a resourcing plan for NMD Projects
- Provide monitoring and evaluation support for the various initiatives and the project as a whole
- Assist in documentation and write up for case study relating to projects
- Represent NMF – Mandela Day in various public and civil society meetings
- Financial and budget management as per delegation
- Procurement, administration and logistics for the project
- Three year degree or diploma
- A proven track record in the areas of project management, analysis , research, monitoring and evaluation
- Minimum of three to five years’ working experience
- Proven knowledge and awareness of issues relating to poverty and inequality
- Conversant with key stakeholders, concepts and how they relate to the responsibilities of the job
- Previous experience in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Time management, planning and organising skills
- Previous work experience in the urban development sector will be an added advantage
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team are essential
- Verbal and written communication, research and analytical skills are required
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite and knowledge of two other South African language is an added advantage
Interested Candidates should email a concise cv to HR@nelsonmandela.org.
Application Deadline: Friday, 20 March, 2020