New World Foundation (NWF) is a non-government organisation (NGO) founded in 1980 and works in Lavender Hill and the surrounding communities of Vrygrond and Capricorn. Born during the dark days of apartheid, the organisation still strives to be an activist and learning organisation. The organisation provides services to children and youth (through educare and aftercare programmes) as well as the broader community.
Through mobilisation and training of community members and networking with community structures and partner organisations, NWF facilitates change that aims to build a new world of hope justice and peace (by focusing on improving living conditions of community members, gender issues, mediation and violence prevention as well as providing access to educational opportunities and work skills development).
Job Title: Training Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to provide leadership, management and expansion of the training department. As Training Manager you will be responsible for developing a training department as a business unit in the organisation, implement existing training programmes, explore new opportunities including SETA accredited training, formulating the necessary plans and strategies for the implementation of training solutions for unemployed adults and youth, leading the design and development of the required programmes materials to ensure successful implementation as well as secure partnerships that will lead to learnerships and job placements.
- Establish and manage a training unit that will generate income and be aligned to the strategic objectives of NWF
- Contribute and assist with the formulation and development of NWF strategy and business plan and ensure alignment with NWF business unit’s strategy
- Manage the training unit’s budget
- Create and source new revenue streams
- Research and network with stakeholders (government and corporates) to determine new opportunities and to improve training programmes
- Liaise with EPWP, government department and corporates to assess skills gap, contract placements and learnerships
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach to all training initiatives
- Analyse, monitor and evaluate the training programmes performance and report to stakeholders
- Promote training courses and compile quality marketing material
- Develop and manage the implementation of annual training plans and training calendars of internal and external stakeholders
- Network with training service providers to deliver external courses
- Compile and produce quality training presentations and training material
- Manage a team consisting of a variety of training roles to deliver training solutions in line with training needs and skills demand
- Manage and ensure effective assessments, evaluation and feedback of all training interventions to line management, internally and externally
- Facilitate the development and building of capabilities of NWF staff through staff development
- OD-ETDP qualification or relevant NQF L6 qualification/degree in education or social sciences.
- Minimum of eight years’ relevant work experience in a training/learning and development environment with three years’ experience in management
- Experience in the NGO sector and understanding of funder processes and requirements will be an added advantage
- Experience in facilitating and coordinating training interventions, managing a team and partners
- Experience in compiling training manuals, insightful reports and drafting proposals
- Knowledge of marketing and business development
- Knowledge and understanding of learning and development principles, training needs/skills analysis, various learning methodologies and group facilitation techniques
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Communication, presentation, facilitation, project and financial management, research and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills, build, maintain and manage work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have good administration and organisational skills, be deadline driven, have a proactive approach, be a team player as well as the ability to work with little supervision and deliver according to tight deadlines
- Driver’s license and own transport
Send your comprehensive CV with at least two contactable referees to [email protected] make the subject line Training Manager indicate your salary expectation and your notice period with your current employer.
Application Deadline: Monday, 29 July, 2019