The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) invites Students to Apply for its Bursary Scheme.
Criteria for Application for the Student:
- Have already been selected at an institution that offers formal qualifications such as a diploma or degree
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Possess a good academic record
- Motivate in detail why they qualify to receive a bursary
- Submit a correctly completed application form and attach all required documents as per the application form
- Be a South African citizen, or have permanent residency or have refugee status
- Student should be accepted and registered at an institution that offers formal tertiary qualifications.
- Should be able to demonstrate financial need, i.e. by submitting parent’s payslips etc.
- Should have proof of good academic results (secondary).
- Should submit a one page motivational letter demonstrating why the individual is a good candidate to receive a bursary. The letter should also include all the required information as per application form.
Individuals may also apply to the NFVF for bursaries to support their studies at international tertiary institutions for film courses that are not available in South Africa. Due to minimal resources at the NFVF’s disposal, 100% bursaries will not be awarded.
The following supporting documentation must be submitted together with an official application form:
- A covering letter including personal motivation for study and its relevance to the applicant’s intended career path, as well as how the skills acquired will benefit South Africa.
- A letter of support from the international institution.
- Proof of excellence within the applicant’s field of competency.
The deadline for applications for is the CLOSING DATE: Applications close on the 31 August 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link to apply for the relevant funding.
Click Here to THE NFVF BURSARY PAGE