Posted on :
8 Jun, 2011
8 Jun, 2011
Senior Administrative Assistant
Potchefstroom Campus – Total remuneration package: R118 402 – R157 940 p.a. – (employer contribution in respect of fringe benefits included)
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (POTCHEFSTROOM CAMPUS)
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION: EXAM SECTION
VACANCY: SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (PEROMNES:12)
The incumbent will mainly be responsible for arranging exams. This involves receiving question papers from lecturers, entering them on a database, issuing documents and keys to supervisors, receiving answer papers from supervisors and handing these over to lecturers. Control measures apply to all the above.
Minimum requirements are the following:
• Grade 12 or an equivalent qualification.
• Approximately 2 years’ office administration experience.
• Computer literacy in MS Office (Word and Excel), as well as email.
• Good crisis and time-management skills.
• Ability to act in a professional manner at all times.
• The ability to function effectively as part of a team.
• Good interpersonal relations and a client-service orientation.
• Demonstration of language proficiency to function optimally in the various functionally multilingual environments of the NWU.
Knowledge of the NWU’s systems and procedures, the student system and University structures will serve as a recommendation.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act, and is committed to transformation. All applications will be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. The university also reserves the right not to make an appointment.
ENQUIRIES: 0861 113 460
CLOSING DATE: 20 June 2011 at 13:00
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: 1 August 2011
BENEFITS: Attractive study benefits as well as normal fringe benefits apply.