Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a faith based Norwegian NGO working for global Justice. Our Policy Office for Southern Africa based in Pretoria works on Resource Governance and Fighting Inequality with programmes and partners in Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe. We support civil society and faith-based organisations in these countries to build/strengthen citizens capacity to participate and influence socio-economic development policy processes.
As NCA-SA enters a new strategic period 2020 to 2024, it aims to further strengthen and expands its programme work and is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced PMER officer with Fundraising responsibilities to join its small and dynamic team in Pretoria.
1. Job Title: PMER / Fundraising Programme officer
Location: Southern Africa, Pretoria
2. PMER duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to NCA SA and partners’ annual Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) processes, including revisions of annual plans where necessary
- Assist the implementation and monitoring of PMER plans for NCA SA and partners
- Coordinate efficient, quality and timely NCA and partner periodic (narrative and financial) and annual reporting processes for reporting to head office in Oslo and back donors to fulfil internal and external reporting requirements
- Engage partners and provide timely and quality feedback and reviews on proposals and periodic and annual reports – Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge, as identified through programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Coordinate the monitoring of implementation of the NCA SA 5year strategic plans and tracking of progress, results and deviations and that lessons learnt inform strengthening of programming
- Participate and represent NCA in partner joint monitoring visits, partner activities and other policy advocacy activities
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the NCA 2020 to 2024 Strategic plan
- Contribute to the development of knowledge, capacity building, development tools, including training materials and packages for NCA and partners.
3. Fundraising duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the SMT in Pretoria and fundraising department at Head Office in Norway, develop and submit fundraising proposals for NCA Southern Africa Policy Advocacy office
- Maintenance of database of key existing and potential donors (bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, foundations and other big and small donors
- Identification and proactive outreach to relevant donors and funding opportunities
- Facilitate and support the full cycle of fundraising applications including planning the process for submission of concept notes and full proposals, ensure contract management compliance and keep reporting timelines including quality assurance of reports to back donors
- Hold regular update meetings with the Regional Advocacy manager
- Participate in quarterly programme update/planning meetings and strategic planning sessions/meetings
- Any other fundraising and PMER related duties as required and directed
4. COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- A University Degree in relevant filed such as Development studies, International Relations, Policy Studies
- Experience and proved track record in programme management, at least 3 years, preferably from an INGO, UN or an Embassy.
- Knowledge on resource governance and international development
- Experience of in project management, proposal development and fundraising.
- Excellent and precise writing skills in English, negotiation skills and clear oral communications skills.
- Computer skills in Office package including Word and Excel, common software and if possible from Maconomy.
- Experience from working with a local and or international partners
- Can ensure facilitation and training/capacity building of staff and core partners
5. Personal attributes
- Structured, result oriented and autonomous
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills – a team player
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work strategically
- Ability to inspire others and build their skills and capacity
- Ability to handle stress and heavy workloads
- The person who is to be employed must be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid`s values
- Must be willing to work with all types of colleagues, partners and donors.
This is a fulltime position; the person will be reporting to the Regional Advocacy manager. Norwegian Church Aid is offering a one-year contract with a possibility of extension. NB: Only South African citizens and Permanent Residents will be considered.
Applicants should send their motivational letter, CV and 3 contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2020