Numeric is a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help South Africa excel in maths. Specifically, Numeric’s goal is to create exciting and high impact learning environments. They do this in low-income areas with a view to helping learners in grade 7 establish strong foundations in mathematics and develop the next generation of well equipped and passionate teachers.
Numeric’s program managers are dedicated to our cause, passionate about mathematics, and have strong organisational and people skills. Each Numeric program manager oversees programs at five partner schools, which equates to ten classrooms or approximately 250 learners.
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Cape Town office
- Oversee and Coordinate the management of the After-School Mathematics Programme
- Coach Mentorship and Management
- Parent engagement
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ad hoc Events
- Team and Organisational values
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Strong maths background (preference for higher grade maths through matric and/or university-level maths)
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Involvement/leadership in outreach or extra-curricular projects
- English language fluency, both written and verbal
- Preference for competency in at least one additional South African language
- Strong analytic skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively about long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with all team members and stakeholders
- Results-oriented and leadership skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize, and manage tasks, deadlines, requirements and decisions
- Strong mathematics background
- Interest in mentoring and developing future teachers
- Other requirements
- Own transport and valid driver’s license
Interested applicants should submit a CV and a letter of motivation (maximum two pages) to [email protected] quoting “CPT Program Manager” in the subject line.
Please ensure that your letter of motivation explains your interest in Numeric and outlines why you would be well suited to this position.
Application Deadline: Friday, 30 October, 2020
To view the full job description for the position, please visit our website on www.numeric.org/vacancies