Numeric is a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics. More specifically, Numeric’s goal is to create exciting and high impact learning environments in low-income areas with a view to helping learners in Grade 7 to establish strong foundations in mathematics.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Job Location: Durban.
The purpose of the Programme Manager is to oversee programmes at five partner schools, which equates to ten classrooms or approximately 250 learners.
- Manage relationships with partner schools (principals, maths H.O. D’s, teachers)
- Handle logistics involved with the programmes (finance, transport, connectivity)
- Contribute to the development of the programme (curriculum, games, activities, worksheets)
- Support and mentor coaches
- Arrange parents’ evenings, prize-giving’s etc. to encourage parent buy-in and commitment
- Train coaches and teachers on the use of Khan Academy and Numeric learning tools
- Additional administrative tasks required to develop the organisation
- Plan and prepare for the Coach Bootcamp (December) and Learner Math Camp (July)
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent
- Higher grade mathematics
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Involvement or leadership in outreach or extra-curricular projects
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and maintain a high quality of work
- Interest and ability to handle new and changing technologies
- Interest in mentoring and developing future teachers
- Own transport and valid drivers’ license
- Be dedicated to our cause, passionate about mathematics, and have strong organisational and people skills
Submit a CV and letter of motivation (maximum two pages) to [email protected] quoting “ DBN Programme Manager ” in the subject line.